+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Government Auctions

Post Likes
    I have a friend who went to one and got a hell of a steal on a Mercedes SUV. I have been looking into them lately but have found little real information about them. Has anyone here ever been to a police/DEA/IRS auction ? I have been thinking about going to one but I know nothing about them.

Post Likes
    I've seen and have been to estate sales, and that ype of thing, but never a government auction, I have often wondered what they do with all the crap they comfiscate.

Estate sales, for the most part have been a waste of time for me,unless you know there is something in them that you actually want there isn't much reason to go.And thats considering they itemized things in the auction, I went to one where they were auctioning one item, everything house and all. Not seperating anything, house as is, you had one hour to look at everything,and had to be liquid in like 10 days with like 20% down if I remember correctly.

Senior Tech Guest
    Went to a car auction once that advertised "seized vehicles", I suppose they were correct in using plural but out a few hundred vehicles there were only 2 that were seized. The rest you ask? Vehicles that auto dealers didn't want so they auctioned off to gq public.

Post Likes
    http://www.auctionspass.com/?hop=credit
    This is the website that my friend joined and recieved info on local government auctions. He bought a '02 Mercedes M series with 65K miles for under $5K. I would not have believed it but I know the guy ! He also said that you can buy lots of other stuff like jewlery , boats and electronic stuff for dirt cheap as well . I have been to a few of the other types of auctions in the past and for the most part they are a waste of time but I am intriged about the government ones.

Post Likes
    Looks like $40 to join for a lifetime membership. I wonder how many deals you can get. I'm always skeptical with this stuff.

When you join refr...let us know how it is. Maybe I'll think about it. Or better yet, go over to your friends house and ask him to use his so you can search a little bit before deciding.
    Get back to work.™

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in