HVAC books?

Thread: HVAC books?

im looking for any books on HVAC. im currently going to school but i just started my 1st year. ive been in the trade for about two years and have a basic idea of alot of the stuff, but i want to learn it all.So if anyone could drop some names of some books on or about the trade it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

I would think you should just do a search on that in this site. enough post have already bee done on that question. I sure you will see a lot of posts to answer your question or enough to tell you not to buy MODERN REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING .lol

yeah but whatsthe 1 book everytech should have?

id say Dossats principles of refrigeration
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Seems like the standard textbook is Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology. Perhaps you're using it in school now.

Although many don't like Modern Ref & A/C, I think it still has a place as a reference book. But buy it used and don't pay a lot for it.

Here's 2 books that don't get much notice, but I have them and think they're very good. They both focus on the hands-on practical, and don't go into heavy theory:

Heating and Cooling Essentials, by Jerry Killinger. Has lots of color diagrams showing how to hook-up gauges, recovery machines, etc.

Residential Construction Academy HVAC, by Eugene Silberstein. Another good practical book.

For the spark-chasers: Electricity, Electronics, and Wiring Diagrams for HVAC/R, by Edward Mahoney, from ARI. The new 2nd edition just came out.

Dossat's book is good if you want to get knee-deep in refrigeration theory. And you better have good algebra skills.

There is NO such book.

http://www.lamabooks.com

most every book you will ever buy has some useful information.

being able to find/remember where that book/information is loacted is a challenge unto itself.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Originally posted by dandyme

being able to find/remember where that book/information is loacted is a challenge unto itself.
    My books have a few sticky-notes on the pages. On the inside cover I start my own index listing of important/hard to find info.

yeah mine are starting to get some tabs. goodidea about writing things on thefront cover. Thanks