Thread: YST question

YST question

Can someone tell me how my drop leg refrigerant temp is the same temp as my cond water in? I would think there would be a few degrees delta.

Sensor error

That's what I though too, but I have six machines all reading with-in a degree.. While the condenser approach is 5degrees...

Post your readings so folks don't have to guess.

Evap 39 degrees
    Chilled water 42
    Condenser water in 70
    Condenser approach 6 degrees
    Sub cooler temp 71 degrees

CLWT? EEWT? % Load? Liquid Level (readout and what's actually in the sight glass)? Subcooling? Etc., etc... In other words, there's a lot of things that can affect what you're looking at, so if you have an issue, it's best to post everything you can get your hands on - in this case, especially on the condenser side.

Don't hurt to have design specs, either, if you have them.

Because of your subcooler (the bottom 2 rows in your condenser barrel) , if you have a level sensor and lower the level the number will spread apart, if you raise the level it will go back together. The Drop leg refrigerant temp should not be lower than the entering condenser water temp (this would be impossible), but they usually will be very close (a degree or so), if you have the liquid level in the condenser set right. Hope this helps!

Chad

I'll check my log sheets for details. I just don't see any situation where the drop lef refrigerant temp and condenser water in can be soo close..

I'll get those readings on Monday.

have you taken physical reading to verify the sensors, each sensor off a degree or two will give you strange readings at the panel,

Quote Originally Posted by joey94 View Post
    I'll check my log sheets for details. I just don't see any situation where the drop lef refrigerant temp and condenser water in can be soo close..

I'll get those readings on Monday.
    They actually can be that close, although most of the time there will be a little more difference. That's one reason I said that you need to post EVERYTHING. Another is that 6* of condenser approach is starting to stretch things. Another is that in the OP you said that lvg water and liquid refgt were the same, while later they're one degree different, and you had five degrees approach according to one post but six degrees when you posted your readings. Accuracy counts......