Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can listen to anything....favorite, Metallica!!

Originally posted by refrtech
    Robin liking Kid Rock.......... OMFG what is this world comming to !!!! Listen to some of his older music Robo , I would bet that your view of him would change !! lol I used to be a huge Kid Rock fan until he started singing country music !!
    I also only like Kid Rock's earlier stuff. First got to hear it in strip clubs (I go there for the food.) The radio couldn't play his stuff because of the vulgarity so I had to pick up his cds. Yea, they are a bit too vulgar for me but I love the energy in the music.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It's alot easier to understand what kind of person you're talking to when you learn the type of music they listen to.

The white stripes , Morphine, Radiohead
    The strokes ,The killers ,Hum, THe postal service
    Janes addiction, Bjork, Pixies, Frank Black
    The tragically hip, Moby, Fugazi, PJ harvey,
    Sonic youth, The Detroit cobras

Originally posted by mrfrio
    It's alot easier to understand what kind of person you're talking to when you learn the type of music they listen to.
    Please explain what it is that you mean by that statement .

Cool Pink Floyd

After a day of dealing with angry customers, office managers, builders, and corporate VPs, I can fire up a DVD, lights out, and get Comfortably Numb without pharmacological assistance. Can't wait to get the Live * DVD in Nov.

I find all their music very relaxing. In fact, it caused me to have an accident once. Gotta be careful what I listen to on those long road trips. Actually, any good guitar rock such as Clapton (before he mellowed out), Skynyrd, etc. and only a little of the newer stuff. Would love to see Cream at the Garden.

I like most anything cept rap

Classical (hence the name) Schubert, Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Rakhmaninov and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakoff. I mostly listen to big band Benny Goodman, Dorsey Brothers, Glenn Miller when driving; my favorite singers are Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Perry Como. Females would be The Andrews Sisters, Judy Garland,Martha Tilton, Peggy Lee and Kay Star.

Favorite American composer Gershwin amazing talent also Scott Joplin.

I still occasionally listen to rock and southern blues but not often. Favorite groups Jetro Tull, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Allman Brothers (not Greg) Yes, Robin Trower, Humble Pie, Cream, Deep Purple and Ten Years After.

Please explain what it is that you mean by that statement.
    Nothing too serious or judgemental. But sometimes over the web (like this forum) you hear people's opinions on things but it's kinda hard to get to know that person well.

The kind of music they listen to is another tidbit of information about an individual to help you get to know them.

Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn (Saw him twice - simply amazing!), Pink floyd, Led Zepplin, Green Day, Neil Young, Bob Dyan, are some of my favorites.
    I like anything with really good guitar playing electic or accoustic.

IMHO, nothing beats the "arena-rock" of the 70's and 80's.
    Back when singers could actually sing, and where musicians could actually play!!
    Todays music sounds like "dueling jackhammers".

Go to this site: http//www.smokinband.com .

This is my current project. arena rock with the lights, sound, production, and musicianship to do adequate justice to Rock - n- Roll....
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

For the most part the 80s was regurgitated bubblegum music put to annoying thump-thump-thump disco beats. I don't recall anything new or inventive coming out of the 80s music scene.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12