Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech Guest
    Just curious...I play on a free poker site that is fairly decent...

Hmm senior tech

I am from Texas but don't play yet. By the way, on my crossword puzzle this morning. The clue word was Good news in Texas Hold 'Em. Four letters, the third letter is an e . Roy

Re: senior tech

Originally posted by oroy54
    I am from Texas but don't play yet. By the way, on my crossword puzzle this morning. The clue word was Good news in Texas Hold 'Em. Four letters, the third letter is an e . Roy
    ACES
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Its a game of dumb luck,

Smile Be nice Gruv

Don't stir up any thing this time. We still love you. You are the man.

I'm not stirring up anything, I just said it was a game of dumb luck, and it is. How could you look at it any other way, I see those so called pros on TV, standing up and praying over the flip of the next card if thats not called waiting for dumb luck to happen then I don't know what is.

Smile gruvn

First of all, the rules of this board is to respect each other. Granted sometimes that is not possible. By using the word 'Dumb' implies something. I think just luck would be the reply. I am some what like you, sometimes I have to choose my words carefully. Or suffer the loss of my friends. Roy

I just said it was a game of dumb luck, I didn't say anyone was dumb !!! What is your point Roy ?

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by gruvn
    I just said it was a game of dumb luck, I didn't say anyone was dumb !!! What is your point Roy ?
    No offense taken but his point is some probably would take offense so choose your words on the side of politeness. And I beg to differ with you, there is a certain amount of skill involved although yes, the game is at least partially based on luck.

The only skills that I can see that may be helpful in the game, is being able to do a little math, and having an extroardinary amount of patience. So once you get a table full of people with those skills it is then pretty much the luck of the draw.Don't see that any other other skills would be needed. It's not bridge or chess, which require game plans and thought.

Senior Tech Guest
    Math, percentages, yes. But I pose this question, if no skill were involved, how could you have the same player(s) win a tournament repeatedly when that tournament starts out with 100's or 1000's of other players?

Better math skills and a lot more patience.

Smart luck?
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast