We lost a good one - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A close friend of Boyd's.

Yes...I had figured that much out.

Well, now you know what I know.

83, he had a great run! Sorry for the loss though...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Originally posted by ct2
    Robo how about posting a link to your site. Must be something with the server change but netscape cant find your link when i click on the red house in your post

sad to hear about your loss, it sounds like he went peacefully
    My website link here has not worked for some time. Here is the link to the tribute which will be a work in progress for a while; http://www.roboteq.info/Bernie_Kaufman.html

Bernie did go peacefully.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Sorry about being vague about who Bernie is to me. Bernie was one of the original HVAC guys around the Baltimore area. He went from delivering ice to stores to working for organizing the sheet metal local in the area to starting a union sheet metal shop to opening a merit shop HVAC company.

Bernie at one time knew everyone in the trade. He helped many in our trade by letting other companies use his shop at night and by working with other contractors.

Bernie has seen more pain in his life then I ever want to encounter, yet he was never a down person. He was not a physically superior man, being not so tall, most times overweight and out of shape and had a high pitched voice that made his laughing sound like a little girl's laugh. Yet no one who knew Bernie for more then five minutes noticed these features any longer.

I do not know of one person that has ever made a negative remark about this guy. If Bernie ever made an enemy, I am not aware of it.

Knowing Bernie was not long for this life I really thought I had a grip on being able to handle his dying. It's not that I am sad for Bernie, I'm not at all. Still, I have not been able to stop the tears with every thought of the man today.

Bernie has outlived most of his age group, but Bernie continued to make friends till his last days. There was no age, class, race or religous barrier to Bernie, he saw people for how they were, not for what they were. His funeral will no doubt be impressive.

The few of us that were at his home this morning were all teary eyed while laughing over memories of things we did with Bernie. We really had the feeling that Bernie was watching us all and saying; "Ha! Gotcha all crying, didn't I?" The world just won't feel the same without him.

Originally posted by mattm
    Sorry to hear Robin. Really sucks to lose a friend.
    I dont like losing people either.

My condolenses.
    R2B4BTU

Glad you knew him. Sorry for your loss.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

RoBoTeq, how is your son doing? Haven't heard, or I missed your update. Did you go see him?

Originally posted by troyorr
    RoBoTeq, how is your son doing? Haven't heard, or I missed your update. Did you go see him?
    With my truck now worthy of making such a long trip, I am going to see him this coming weekend. He has lost two good, older friends in just a few weeks. First, his mom's husband and now Bernie, who referred to Eric as his grandson.

I have a lot of large things stored in my garage that belong to Eric, so I wanted to be able to take them to him when I went to see him. I must admit that I also did not want to be there with my ex during such an emotional time for her.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a great man.
    Get back to work.™

For those who remember a few years back when I destroyed a truck I had borrowed while mine was being worked on, that was Bernies truck I totaled.

Bernies only response to my telling him about the accident was, first; "you better not be joking, because this is not something to joke about" and then "are you alright". That was it...was I alright.

A few weeks later when Bernie got his insurance settlement for the truck that was more then the truck was ever worth, he called me to ask if I wanted to borrow his van.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast