opinion with pricing central air unit.

opinion with pricing central air unit.

Hello,
    We had a company come in yesterday and look over our old central air unit.
    The compressor went out, and they said it's not worth putting the money into a 35 yr old unit..better to add a little more money and just get a new one.
    They sent us the estimate yesterday here it is

The salesman told me it will be an easy installation being that the outside old unit was sitting on is good, and all the inside stuff will stay as is.
    Please, any help with the fairness of pricing would be appreciated. I know the labor is high, and I know not all things are fair..but I would like to have a idea if these guys are greedy.
    Thanks.

Removed proposal image with pricing! Please do not post pricing and review the forum rules.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 06-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.

You probably won't be getting any answers here...............we can't talk prices, forum rules.

Without seeing the job site and conditions, structure of the house and difficulty factor of the project, also warranty dollars are figured in and when you have a problem and call they need to make money to stay in business.

Too many factors to evaluate but seems fair at first glance. Again if you are unsure always get 3 bids from reputable contractors. If all numbers are within 10% then it is a simple matter of going with who you like the most.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Please review rules before further posting, prices in posts are not allowed.

money talk is no no here... that being said you are probably on the right path. replacing a system over 15 yrs old that's looking at a pricey repair is definitely the way to go.. get some quotes from other companies. try not to base decision on price alone. check out some other brands of equipment and then come back and as about quality of equipment. this is going to cost no matter what you do so nows the best time to do it right....2 stages, txv, variable speed blower, etc. check and seal ductwork. media filter, program stat... if this is a place you''re gona live for a while 10 yrs dont hurry.
    amana is goodman----- not high end

edit pricing info out of post

Thanks for your replies. I will continue to research it, and get 1 or 2 more estimates. Thanks again. It's just frustrating I know most people go through this and I'm not along.

Excuse me for my ignorance..did not mean to break the rules.
    I was under the gun..and frustrated, and did not take the time to read the rules. I appologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnvinn View Post
    Excuse me for my ignorance..did not mean to break the rules.
    I was under the gun..and frustrated, and did not take the time to read the rules. I appologize.
    Not to worry, you are good to go, just no pricing. We can assist you with equipment comparisons but not pricing.