Hybrid View

Does HVAC-TALK have a spammer??

Or is this for real?

This is a email I got over night and it came from here ( got my information )as you can see.

Does HVAC-TALK know about this, or is this a spammer that got a hold of my information somehow?

Just would like to know if it's real and protect others if it's not.

Thanks.

to me
    show details 6:28 AM (1 hour ago)

Hi NY2GA01,
    Have you ever been thinking about posting your resume online along with the pictures and maybe even videos of you working?
    Now you can do it on my website and it's all for free!
    In your profile you have indicated that your are an HVAC-R Student, but maybe you already know something that could be sellable online? Have you ever been thinking about such opportunity?
    Now you can do it on my site!
    For more information please visit these pages:

- just scroll down on this one.
    Good luck
    Ed
    Last edited by k-fridge; 06-24-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Removed e-maila and links
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Probably a email scraper.
    Looking at your profile, I can see your email, which means anyone who is a member here can too.
    Some folks scrape all emails and send out spam, while others target forums like this or for other trades, hobbies, etc and scrape and direct stuff at the members.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    Probably a email scraper.
    Looking at your profile, I can see your email, which means anyone who is a member here can too.
    Some folks scrape all emails and send out spam, while others target forums like this or for other trades, hobbies, etc and scrape and direct stuff at the members.
    I will hit spam a remove my personal email.

I was not aware everyone could read my profile, I thought only pros could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    I will hit spam a remove my personal email.

I was not aware everyone could read my profile, I thought only pros could do that.
    Might be a setting for that, but IDK.
    I don't have pro memberships, so can't say one way or the other.

I just check my email and have no mail from that person
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Removed the e-mail addy and links.

Please forward that e-mail to Admin at the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page.

Odds are, it's just someone who got your e-mail addy from your profile. That's difficult for us to control, happens to me too.

Looks like an add. Very professional looking. Saw add for Lennox, so they like the site. Dont beleive its spam, just advertising.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

I got another email from this nut job..

This is it..

Found your thread on the General Discussion forum:
    "Or is this for real?
    This is a email I got over night and it came from here ( got my information )as you can see.
    Does HVAC-TALK know about this, or is this a spammer that got a hold of my information somehow?
    Thanks."
    My god, this is just frigging stupid!
    " Or is this for real?" - of course it is for real, but why did not contact me first and ask the same question?

"Does HVAC-TALK know about this, or is this a spammer that got a hold of my information somehow?" - Dude, every member has an access to profile of the other members, what a surprise ah?

"Just would like to know if it's real and protect others if it's not." - Protect from what? Protect from earning money on my site? Protect from having your own page on my site?
    Look, I read in one of your threads that you have a cancer and afraid that you'll loose the job. So, I thought that this guy may need my help. I thought that this guy want to earn some money on a side, post his resume, pictures and videos to be more competitive, to make it easier to fine another job! Sorry, I was wrong, this guy has no brains.
    Spam, my ass...
    Good luck and good night
    Ed

All I know is most spammers are rude like this when they are confronted..

I guess this is what is considered to be good business practice and professional behavior by a ethical person.

OK, we found him. He is a member and will be receiving an e-mail from Admin shortly.

If anyone else on the site gets an e-mail of this type from the guy, please let us know and he will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post

This is it..

Found your thread on the General Discussion forum:
    "Or is this for real?
    Thanks."
    My god, this is just frigging stupid!
    " Or is this for real?" - of course it is for real, but why did not contact me first and ask the same question?

"Does HVAC-TALK know about this, or is this a spammer that got a hold of my information somehow?" - Dude, every member has an access to profile of the other members, what a surprise ah?

"Just would like to know if it's real and protect others if it's not." - Protect from what? Protect from earning money on my site? Protect from having your own page on my site?
    Look, I read in one of your threads that you have a cancer and afraid that you'll loose the job. So, I thought that this guy may need my help. I thought that this guy want to earn some money on a side, post his resume, pictures and videos to be more competitive, to make it easier to fine another job! Sorry, I was wrong, this guy has no brains.
    Spam, my ass...
    Good luck and good night
    Ed

All I know is most spammers are rude like this when they are confronted..

I guess this is what is considered to be good business practice and professional behavior by a ethical person.
    Any time someone, anyone, uses the word "dude" with me it makes my eyes glaze over and they lose my attention pretty much immediately. To me a dude is a city slicker come to the country to be a cowboy for a week. But I'm just old fashioned like that. I am NOT a dude dude so don't call me dude! OK dude?
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

In today's time if you fall for things that are not authorized, or sponsored by a web page you visit, or you answer a email like that where most anyone can create (member or not or not) you run the risk of being scammed.

I am Not sure why this person is so upset, or why they don't understand that.

At some point they are going to ask for payment somehow, and that is when you run the risk of having your bank account dry up fast, you account will be at 0.00 or overdrawn before you know what hit you.

I like why did you not contact me and ask me if I was a spammer?

I can see it now....

Victim: Sir are you real and are you going to steal money from me?

Spammer: I am real and you can rest assured that I would never steal from you.

then after they run you dry you get a message, thanks!

I like the insults..I guess I got no brains