Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left the Psycho

Left the job two weeks ago and went back to apartment maintenance. I didn't realize the kind of stress that nutball had me in until I left. I've had bosses before who always thought they were right and you were wrong, but this guys always thinks he's right and you must be lying. I just couldn't take being called a liar anymore. Things just kept getting uglier and uglier and finally on friday he told me that he was going to let me go, but had a change of heart and was gonna give me one week to change my attitude and prove myself. He even told me to stop coming here because you all were a bad influence on me and there is nothing to learn here. ( No, he's never been here). So monday morning at 6am his van was sitting in front of his shop with all his stuff and my letter of "see ya". I've never quit without giving notice before, but this was over the edge. By 10am I had my old job back with better money and should have my own property and crew again in a month or two. The only thing I lost was a van.

Doing maintenance doesn't get the professional respect that being a tech does, but working for a company that actually appreciates me means a whole lot more than that. I think I'm gonna try to sink my roots deep.

Thanks for the rant!
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

So whatta ya gonna do, join maintenace-talk??

Yeah,I'm gonna start my own HVAC-plumbing-electrical-painting-landscaping-telephone-fireman-carpenter-hooladancer-bottlewasher-Talk site

[Edited by hvaclmnop on 10-01-2005 at 09:11 AM]
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

What exactly is a bottle washer....

Good for you. I know a lot of people who hate their jobs, but stay there for stupid reasons like money. I don't think they know how much their sanity is worth..
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

You shouldn't judge the whole industry on one bunghole. I would've looked for a different company. If you're happy and it pays the bills then more power to ya.
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by hvaclmnop
    Doing maintenance doesn't get the professional respect that being a tech does,
    Maybe you can help change that.

Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    I love working with kids. They never heard of some of the old sayings or old jokes..

"I'm chief cook and bottle washer." means you are a one man show. You do it all.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hvaclmnop
    [B] He even told me to stop coming here because you all were a bad influence on me and there is nothing to learn here.

Well he doesnt sound all that dumb. It sounds like you were telling him Too much of what was said in here. Now there is a lot of good information in here but Its not all fact. Just look at how many in here tell you to walk a every little wimm of the boss you dont like. How many that tell you that if your boss is doing it his way , that he is crazy and needs to do it this way. You have to take so of this stuff with a grain of salt being its your job and not the guy telling you what to do. For him it may be right , for you it might not be. Does he really care about your personal life or what is right for your situation? Is any of what he says true, who knows but just being its said in here dont take it as the gospel truth.

Now the flaming may begin. Im not saying there is a lot of untruths in here but just look at the TROLLS or how many things you read that you know is probably not the way things are where you live. You have to realize there are some that think that if you dont look at things like they do politically , you know nothing. There are some that are not the least bit interested in what you think.... only in what they think. If you dont believe it just post a few things and wait a few minutes for them to tell you how smart they are.

[Edited by dec on 10-01-2005 at 11:15 AM]

We are right, he is wrong.............
    Good luck.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I

Originally posted by curry
    I
    Yes? Come on....you can tell us. I-I-I-I,,,,,I, WHAT!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I love working with kids. They never heard of some of the old sayings or old jokes..

"I'm chief cook and bottle washer." means you are a one man show. You do it all.

Thats so funny

ya see there was a time that society actually made products that would last and that could be re-used over and over again

they made things called bottles (like baby bottles) that could be reused
    so one would take an object called a bottle brush (round bristles) and wash the bottle with soap and water

hence the term bottle washer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast