Thread: Trane on Metasys

Post Likes

Trane on Metasys

Ok ill try to make this short as I can. I have little experience on commercial and no training or experience with Metasys. These are Trane package units of various sizes that are cooling intermittantly. The contactor is energized to call for cool, all the tstats are set for 70 in Metasys, but the compressor contactor coil isnt energizing. I have all green lights on all the various boards, but still no cool. If i disconnect power, let it sit for a few mins and re-energize, then it will work, but later in the day i get a call that its not cooling, and its back to the previous condition, and i have to reset them all over again! Any ideas/help would be appreciated.
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute a state of emergency on my part.

Post Likes
    probably locking out on one or more safeties. without model #, can't help you too much. why don't you post in the professional forums. maybe you can get more help

Post Likes
    I would check and make sure ur not locking out on any safety's on the rtu unit first. need more info like model and serial ,and whats controlling the rtu.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in