Thread: ride along

ride along

I know this is a long shot,but is there anyone on hvac talk that would consider a ride along this summer. I am a 2nd year hvac student that would love to observe/help carry stuff, just to get some exposure in the trade. I live near the twin cities and eauclaire wi?

i think the insurance liability is why you have a long shot. only person/persons working for company can be in vehicle not to mention the job site liability.

Your best best is going to be with a one man shop type company.You may want to go to a local supply house and approach a few guys, be clean cut ,in work clothes and have you school id / credentials, Gook Luck !
    I miss you mom and dad.

If you have the summer off, contact your local companies and offer yourself as a tech helper for minimum wage and no benefits, on a part-time basis.
    And odds are you will be given to the tech with the most seniority, which might even mean the one with the most knowledge.
    Rest assured you will be a tool toting, heavy stuff carrying, steppin and fetching helper, but you will learn stuff about the trade.
    And by the end of the summer if you ain't started anticipating what each job requires before you hit the crawl, attic or roof, you will be doing a lot of running back and forth.

It could be tough to find someone to take you on but I applaud you for going the extra mile and putting out the effort. Good luck cuz if you can pull it off you will come out way ahead.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

thanks everyone! i do have a lead,i will be back for tons of questions!!!