Can anyone send me the TRANE Part Numbers and/or the Service Part Numbers for the following TRANE items?

BCU - BMTW, with Arcnet card. (Want the cheapest BCU configuration possible)

PN for a Summit v15 Workstation add-on license for an existing site. This would be their second license.

PN for the latest verion of Rover Comm4/Comm5 w/Hardware.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by netoguy
    Can anyone send me the TRANE Part Numbers and/or the Service Part Numbers for the following TRANE items?

BCU - BMTW, with Arcnet card. (Want the cheapest BCU configuration possible)

PN for a Summit v15 Workstation add-on license for an existing site. This would be their second license.

PN for the latest verion of Rover Comm4/Comm5 w/Hardware.

Thanks!!
    May I suggest you check with your local Trane office? They should have all this info for you at their fingertips.
    BTW I'd suggest upgrading to v16 along with service pack 2. It's a free upgrade and then purchase the new v16 license for their second workstation.

I have spoken with the Local TRANE Office. This havn't been of much help.

They told me there is not "Additional License" Purchase available. They said I would have to buy the FULL version of the software package for each computer the customer wants it installed on. Can someone confirm this? All other control companies have a reduced rate for additional licences at the same site.

Originally posted by netoguy
    I have spoken with the Local TRANE Office. This havn't been of much help.

They told me there is not "Additional License" Purchase available. They said I would have to buy the FULL version of the software package for each computer the customer wants it installed on. Can someone confirm this? All other control companies have a reduced rate for additional licences at the same site.
    Yes I believe this is correct. But then again, what's wrong with that? I have customers that have 3 and 4 workstations with full versions of Tracer Summit loaded on them. If the business customer wants additional workstations, why complain about the fact they have to pay for it? Look at Bill Gates, he charges for each and every Operating System for each computer as well as the application software loaded on them? If someone loads software from one copy onto multiple computers in their business and the software company finds out, they are subject to being sued and some heavy fines for software piracy. I don't think they are willing to risk their business by doing that.
    Have a good day.

My point wasn't about Microsofts Software. My point was about how just about every other control software company I know of. You by the first license seat at full price, then the additional ones are anywhere from 1/2 to 1/8th the cost of the first, provided they are for the same site location. Also, Microsoft does have discounted licenses for additional software seats, its just that you have to be purchasing thousands of them to qualify for the lower price.

I just wanted to confirm this since our local TRANE office isn't working with us very well. I know this because we have an account with another office and their prices on some parts are close to half that of our local one....hmm. isn't that a bit strange

I'm going to take your word for it and tell the customer that TRANE doesn't offer "additional workstation" licenses. I've got a feeling that's going to be enough to push the customer over the edge to removing the TRANE system and installing a cheaper, more compatible, more universal system, that offers more features all at the same time.

Summit

I think it would be significantly cheaper to buy your extra software license than replace the system as a whole... Even if your local Trane office are being jerks about it. I've also noticed my local trane office is crappy about giving out Part Numbers, I typically have to talk to a sales person so they can figure out the cheapest option for me...

Have you considered using something like PCAnywhere on the remote PC(s)? It's a cheaper option than a 2nd Trane workstation. Most of our setups are like that and it's great for a controls company to service the customer.

Originally posted by jamcontrol
    Have you considered using something like PCAnywhere on the remote PC(s)? It's a cheaper option than a 2nd Trane workstation. Most of our setups are like that and it's great for a controls company to service the customer.
    There's an idea! I've seen it done on a couple of occasions too with PC Anywhere. I know it's a lot cheaper then another copy of Tracer Summit and you could have several workstations with it on.