We have a new Trane RTU TCH180 unit with economizer. We need to open the economizer dampers if a smoke alarm trips. We jumped P & P1 but it did not drive. These terminals are used for a remote potentiometer. My question is do I need some resistance across these terminals instead of just jumping them out?

Whats the model number of the mod motor?
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

P & P1 are found on the Honeywell M7415 series actuator. This motor, the "black square box", has been used over the years by Trane, Carrier, York et al. for economizer applications.

These terminals are typically wired to a potentiometer for remote minimum position. The motor, I believe, is looking for a resistance value across these terminals. I don't think a jumper will do anything. Haven't looked at the spec sheet for this motor in a long time. You should be able to find the spec sheet at the Honeywell website and get the info you need.

http://customer.honeywell.com I believe

Hope this helps.

Never tried it, but jumping out P&P1 should drive that actuator open {according to my pdf on that economizer which I wish I could post here but I don't how.)
    I'm on call and bored, I'll give it a shot
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Do you need SMOKE PURGE? If so most Trane Rtu's have a contact that will enable this funtion.