Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amana has serious manufacturing issues. Coils,capacitors,txvs oh my. Much better results with Comfortmaker. Installer should be reputable, is your home old to need 2.5 tons on 1100 sq ft?

I am in south texas and we have the humidity problem you do in florida. A lot of the durability of the system has to do with a proper install and not necessarily the brand. Really make sure you use a reputable company that will do a heat load to properly size your unit and then do a quality install....

Quote Originally Posted by stzncc View Post
    I am in south texas and we have the humidity problem you do in florida. A lot of the durability of the system has to do with a proper install and not necessarily the brand. Really make sure you use a reputable company that will do a heat load to properly size your unit and then do a quality install....
    I manage all the service calls and keep detailed records. We installed 66 lovely Amana units in the past 2.5 years and have done 55 major to medium repairs on them, including 20 evap coils, 18 txvs, 5 compressors, and 4 reversing valves and 5 multi tap caps..etc

This does not even count install related issues.

In the past 5 years we have had 7 comfortmaker warranties on the same amount of installs.

How many times has Amana/goodman been sold?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Amana has serious manufacturing issues. Coils,capacitors,txvs oh my. Much better results with Comfortmaker. Installer should be reputable, is your home old to need 2.5 tons on 1100 sq ft?
    The home is 50 years old,installed Central Air in 1979 and thats what the contractor at the time used?Think I will cross Amana of the list
    Last edited by farleyb; 07-10-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: update

Rheem RHKLHM3617JA AIR HANDLER

Dealer is installing a Rheem RHKLHM3617JA air handler with a Rheem 13AJN03636A01 condenser. He installed the air handler on a labor saver LS2240 filter housing. For some reason he turned the air handler sideways on the labor savor with the supply duct flowing upward into the overhead supply. In order to make it work this way he had to fabricate a strange configuration into the supply plenum. That is the narrowest outlet of the supply duct on the air handler has to turn 90 degrees in order to fit into the plenum. In order to do that he had to place the supply plenum across the complete top of the air handler and screw it down into the air handler top. In other words there is now a shelf on the outlet of the air handler since the outlet of the air handler is narrower then the plenum it goes into. He also did not bend the duct flanges up to screw the plenum into since the flanges are shipped flat.

I hope this makes sense the way I have explained it. I dont believe this will work since it would appear to me that the shelf at the top of the air handler can collect moisture that would generally fall back down into the drain pan. Any ideas as to what will happen in this configuration???

Warbucks, start a new thread, dont hijack an existing one. I could help you but I'm not going to here.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Talking Contractor

Any of you folks work or know of a good contractor in the Tampa Bay Area,FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12