Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem could be: bad thermocouple, dirty pilot burner, blocked or partially blocked vent, vent not properly seated allowing combustion byproducts to return down the combustion air side of the vent. If propane the supply pressure may be reaching over 13.5 inch wc and is causing the valve to lock out.

Then there is always the possibility some hack installed the furnace and it doesn't have a Coleman vent system. Or replaced the pilot burner with the wrong one as well.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Originally posted by jultzya
    Originally posted by chicagotech76
    To be honest with you, I would scrap that coleman and look into purchasing a standard furnace for you trailer.
    No reputable HVAC Company will do such a thing!

You should only be installing a unit that is approved for trailers.
    i agree with jultzya on this one. i dont know which furnaces are rated for a trailer except atwood. those go in travel trailers. i have never had the pleasure of working on them and thusly, i cant tell you much about them.

Originally posted by mr hvac41
    i agree with jultzya on this one.
    Are you feeling ok?

You want me to dail 911 for ya?

Originally posted by chicagotech76
    To be honest with you, I would scrap that coleman and look into purchasing a standard furnace for you trailer.
    No reputable HVAC Company will do such a thing!

You should only be installing a unit that is approved for trailers.

Sure They Would Call 1 800 ima dumb
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Originally posted by mr hvac41
    i agree with jultzya on this one.
    Are you feeling ok?

You want me to dail 911 for ya?
    i dont know what it feels like to feel ok so i dont know. i wouldnt waste my time!

Originally posted by tinmantu
    Colemans are extremely hard to light for a person that isn't familiar with them...I won't say how I do it (for safety sake), but there is bit of skill involved if you are just using a match....said tech should have pulled the burner assembly and cleaned the pilot and made sure the t-couple was in good condition. I've had instances with colemans where the only way you could light them on a high wind day was to wrap your jacket around the vent on the roof. Sometimes a vent extension is needed.
    Know what you mean about wrapping the cap on high wind days. Now have one of those flexible extra long butane lighters. Haven't had to wrap the cap since I got it.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

just get your torch out and aim it at the pilot. the pilot is lit and tcouple is preheated too!

inturmoil

Just buy and install a thermocouple. You can buy one at any hardware store CHEAP. Take about 5 minutes to put in. Easy. If that doesn't work, get a tech out there. Even if you put the thermocouple in and that wasn't the problem, it is a damn cheap maintenance item.

---------------------------------------------------

Why are you giving this kind of advice to anyone ? It is true , you can get them Aat a hardware store cheap--If you can put one in a coleman in 5 minutes I'll kiss your A$$ in times square

This is A COLEMAN in a 12 to 13 yr old mobile home

I agree with LYNN .....it needs to be checked for a cracked HX

Coleman has recalled their furnaces for this problem and by going to their web site this mobile home owner can find out if his unit is covered under that recall

tinmantu

Colemans are extremely hard to light for a person that isn't familiar with them...I won't say how I do it (for safety sake), but there is bit of skill involved if you are just using a match....

Yea , tinman

that bit of skill involved using a match.....

That skill wouldnt have anything to do with removing the soot from your face and getting it out of your singed hair
    does it???

That was my lesson learned about lighting a coleman....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12