Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I'll have to watch some of Lee Marvin's movies.

When I watched The Delta Force as a kid, I envisioned Chuck Norris as the leader. When I watched it again a few weeks ago, for the first time since back in '86, I noticed Lee Marvin was the leader and Norris as the hero. Big difference.

Was he the war movie icon in his era?
    Get back to work.™

Originally posted by square2round

When I watched The Delta Force as a kid, I envisioned Chuck Norris as the leader. When I watched it again a few weeks ago, for the first time since back in '86, I noticed Lee Marvin was the leader and Norris as the hero. Big difference.

You youngster’s man oh man so much to teach so little time.

Lee Marvin really didn't lead in a war movie until the Dirty Dozen. He was however a real marine did the deed so to speak. His success can about late in his career.

The real war movie Icon would have to be John Wayne. Although most stars of any magnitude made war movies during the war and most continued to make them until late in the fifties. Many younger stars that were not established before the war made a name for themselves in the 50's and 60's making movies about the war. Then in the late 60's the communist got a firm foothold in the hierarchy of filmmaking and war movies became all about bashing the military and soldiers. There was the occasional quality film that honored soldiers like Patton or the Green Berets but not many.

Movies with the likes of Chuck Norris or Charlie Sheen have nothing to do with war just fantasy bull crap to thrill audiences.

Mel Gibson has probably made the most decent war movies in the last 20-years.

Patton
    The Longest Day
    Kelly's Heroes

Originally posted by classical

You youngster’s man oh man so much to teach so little time.

Lee Marvin really didn't lead in a war movie until the Dirty Dozen. He was however a real marine did the deed so to speak. His success can about late in his career.

The real war movie Icon would have to be John Wayne. Although most stars of any magnitude made war movies during the war and most continued to make them until late in the fifties. Many younger stars that were not established before the war made a name for themselves in the 50's and 60's making movies about the war. Then in the late 60's the communist got a firm foothold in the hierarchy of filmmaking and war movies became all about bashing the military and soldiers. There was the occasional quality film that honored soldiers like Patton or the Green Berets but not many.

Movies with the likes of Chuck Norris or Charlie Sheen have nothing to do with war just fantasy bull crap to thrill audiences.

Mel Gibson has probably made the most decent war movies in the last 20-years.
    Have to severely disagree about John Wayne, he had the chance to volunteer to serve during WWII but backed out, where many famous Hollywood stars didnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Almost forgot

Flight of the Intruder
    Bat 21

ZULU...
    would love to see that one remade, but I know it would have to be done so politically correct it would make me puke.

"FIRST RANK FIRE!!!!"
    "SECOND RANK FIRE!!!!"
    "THIRD RANK FIRE!!!!!!"
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

Band of brothers
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Sorry Joey you are wrong the Duke had an injury that precluded him from serving.

Sorry Joey you are wrong the Duke had an injury that precluded him from serving.
    Half the links I have found said he dodged, half said he had some disclosed injury, in WWII some people signed up at 16, if he had an injury he sure made alot of action movies(far not being able to serve)

Senior Tech Guest
    Only war I wanna see is 2 blonds battleing it out in a mud wrestling ring...

and Full Metal Jacket!

You are right. JW lost his athletic scholarship because of a injury.

Originally posted by James 3528
    You are right. JW lost his athletic scholarship because of a injury.
    Ok name that injury

One great movie that may not be a war movie, but attributed to the "war on terrorism" is The Delta Force.
    If you mean the Chuck Norris movie, I cheered all the way thru it.

He ended that movie with his patanted "BIG BACK KICK".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast