Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Hey how about fighting Seabee’s where the steam shovel Seabee picks up a couple of those nasty japs and then shoots the one that is still alive. He opens up the claws and two dead japs fall to the ground. One of the other Seabee’s asks him why he shot the jap, and he says, "I was afraid the fall might have killed him" I just love that scene and it is an ok movie.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Hey heres something to consider: Can anybody name one movie about Nam that didn't villionize or make the soldiers out to be murders instead of guys dedicated to their country?

Wow there have been allot of great picks here (classical's list is great) Now I am going to have to find some of these movies and watch them again.

Now a question: What movies do you think are the most accurate historically, and in the battle scenes?

Or should this be another thread?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by curry
    Hey heres something to consider: Can anybody name one movie about Nam that didn't villionize or make the soldiers out to be murders instead of guys dedicated to their country?

Green Beret, Any movie made after that period is more then likely to be negative.

Thumbs up

36 HOURS with James Garner(of Rockford Files fame)is captured by the germans as a spy prior to D-DAY,and is set up by them to think that it has already happened so they think he will spill his info on the upcoming invasion and its location.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Siege of Firebase Gloria
    We Were Soldiers
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Originally posted by joey791
    Siege of Firebase Gloria
    We Were Soldiers
    Forgot about We Were Soldiers, that is a very good movie. One of the best about the Vietnam war.

Originally posted by joey791
    Siege of Firebase Gloria
    We Were Soldiers

Those are recent movies, most made in the 1970-90 time period are questionable .

What was that old one with the American soldier and the Jap soldier stranded on the island together? They ended up being friends and all after a while.

2 words = Heartbreak Ridge

(am I alone on this one???)
    "Dodge is a damn fine car. Ran over my wife with a Dodge" - Zeke, Married with children

Originally posted by vmc1161

Green Beret, Any movie made after that period is more then likely to be negative.
    Yeah, but dig this, WE LOST A FIRE SUPPORT BASE. In short, the movie maker said we RAN.
    Cann't win for losining.

No wonder I talk to myself.

Otherself:you're fing'a!

Hey but the Chuck Norris movies were cool.
    Missing in action I andII.

The Patriot!!!!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast