Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    And then there was Mr. Rodgers followed by Ensign Pulver
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Got to go with THE LONGEST DAY, name any other movie with as many big name actors in it. When I was young and it was at a theater in my town I bet I saw it over 20 times that month. I was probably about 8 or 9

Porkchop hill was a favorite when I was young ....what an ending.......sheez I thought they were going to die in the bunker. Someone had to save the day.

PT 109...... what can you say but great movie

Saving Private Ryan......well that will shut up a lot of guys saying they wish they woulkd have been there.

BATTLE CRY, 1955, with Van Heflin, Aldo Ray, James Whitmore, Tab Hunter, Fess Parker, Ann Frances...great cast, great movie...Marines from boot camp to island assult.

In one scene, a Marine in a large crowd of jeering Marines gives the finger. Guess it got by the editors.

"Where Eagles Dare"

"Force 10 from Navarone"

"Gallipoli"

I almost forgot...THE GREEN BERETS, 1968. I know a lot of people hate this movie, but even with its flaws, I still enjoy it.

The very last scene of the movie is my favorite. Copters are landing on the beach, while the little Vietnamese boy is running from copter to copter looking for his friend Sgt Petersen. John Wayne walks over to the boy and puts his arm on his shoulder, and gives him the bad news. As the little boy wipes away tears, John Wayne says: "you're what this war is all about," while the music to the Ballad of the Green Berets plays in the background.

Corny propaganda, but I still like it.

And lets not forget Stalag 13.

Originally posted by duct beater
    Originally posted by gruvn
    I remember one good one but could never remember the name of it, I think Robert Mitchum played in it.

It was WWII and they were on a ship and they got lost or something and ended up in a different world somewhere.

Now its possible that I may have had to many beers when I saw it, but I think that is how it went, anyone remember it?
    You sure you ain't talkin about Kirk Douglass in the movie Final Countdown?
    May have been, I remember them looking for oil and setting up a refinery to try and get out of the place.

Full Metal Jacket

Kelly's Heroes. Got to love Oddball "what's with the negative waves so early in the morning"

Enemy at the Gates

Hogan's Heroes

Operation Petticoat (think that's the name...it had a pink submarine in WWII)
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

the thin red line
    devels brigade
    mash

Gallant Hours(Cagney)...What Price Glory(Cagney)....Battleground.......Horse Soldiers(Wayne)......Thirty Seconds over Tokyo(Tracy)
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

No question..."Mr. Roberts" followed closely by "Stalag 13".
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by duct beater
    I remember one good one but could never remember the name of it, I think Robert Mitchum played in it.

It was WWII and they were on a ship and they got lost or something and ended up in a different world somewhere.

Now its possible that I may have had to many beers when I saw it, but I think that is how it went, anyone remember it?
    You sure you ain't talkin about Kirk Douglass in the movie Final Countdown?
    May have been, I remember them looking for oil and setting up a refinery to try and get out of the place.
    Is that the movie with the german sub?

I think it`s called the land that time forgot.

Originally posted by a\c don
    I'll pick The Great Escape as my favorite classic war movie.

A bit off topic, but for a cold war movie I like "Dr. Strangelove or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb".

With Peter Sellers, Slim Pickins, what a great satire.

A/c don: The scene where the army convoy is arriving at the air base and comes under fire is absolutely one of the best and accurately displays combat. It bothers me every time I watch the movie. You are correct it is a great movie.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast