I'm trying to find a US source for a flue gas thermostat (60 degree C. or thereabouts). These are used in Europe to interlock solid fuel boilers that share a common flue with a oil or gas boiler. Are these carried by supply houses in the US?

Pete

Yes they are, but you need more info than that if you wish to obtain the correct one.

Check closely, even if interlocked, there may be codes in your area against common venting solid and fossil fuels. Since you used C, I assume you are in Canada, hence I dont know the rules there.

Originally posted by docholiday
    Check closely, even if interlocked, there may be codes in your area against common venting solid and fossil fuels. Since you used C, I assume you are in Canada, hence I dont know the rules there.
    The codes aren't overly clear. However, the state does allow application for modification of the codes.

Pete

around here only thing allowed in a chimney with gas fired unit is another gas fired unit

Originally posted by jultzya
    Yes they are, but you need more info than that if you wish to obtain the correct one.
    Open on rise, designed to interlock with oil burner, must be able to withstand wood fired boiler flue pipe gases and temperatures. Who makes them in the US?

Pete

Originally posted by t527ed
    around here only thing allowed in a chimney with gas fired unit is another gas fired unit
    They are selling these stateside:

http://www.nythermal.com/Products/bo...d/wfseries.htm

Designed to operate on single flue with companion oil fired boiler. Interlock is provided by hot water circulator control on the wood fired boiler. How that safely determines there is no flue gas eludes me, though...

The Europeans use flue stat temperature monitoring on the solid fuel boiler to provide the interlocking. I'm just curious about this.

Pete