Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't being paid more than you generate patently unsustainable?

Isn't your suggestion the root of all pyramid schemes?
    I would suggest it is more like selfish (childish) greed... but what do I know...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't being paid more than you generate patently unsustainable?

Isn't your suggestion the root of all pyramid schemes?
    No, but if you think your are worth 50k a year and consistently bill outa couple hundred k a year, then it's not unreasonable to expect 50k instead of 45k.

I'm beginning to think some of you don't know what a ponsi scheme is, there is no 1 person at the top reaping the income produced by people lower down the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I would suggest it is more like selfish (childish) greed... but what do I know...
    There are literally 1000's of small business owners who pay theirself more than they generate. Hire people to work for pennies and pay theirself more.

I know a guy who just went into business and a good deal of his work comes from home warranty. A service call generates at least 60.00, which is the homeowners deductible. He set out to hire a tech and all he wanted to pay him was 30.00 a call, he was going to keep all the repair money from parts for hisself cause he was buying them on his account. I told him all he was going to get was a bunch of call backs. The tech would show up, get his 30.00 and on to the next call. He wanted the tech to supply his own vehicle and tools.

To make a long story short, he got a call back on every call the tech went on, who quit after about 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    There are literally 1000's of small business owners who pay theirself more than they generate. Hire people to work for pennies and pay theirself more.

I know a guy who just went into business and a good deal of his work comes from home warranty. A service call generates at least 60.00, which is the homeowners deductible. He set out to hire a tech and all he wanted to pay him was 30.00 a call, he was going to keep all the repair money from parts for hisself cause he was buying them on his account. I told him all he was going to get was a bunch of call backs. The tech would show up, get his 30.00 and on to the next call. He wanted the tech to supply his own vehicle and tools.

To make a long story short, he got a call back on every call the tech went on, who quit after about 2 weeks
    Two things about your exampel:

First: The 'boss' got what he paid for in labor...
    Second: Did the boss learn anything from his experience? If not... well the boss is no smarter than the laborer.

On the other hand: If the laborer wanted more $$ he needs to start his own co and take the liability for the work.

It works both ways Ace... we cannot talk about one side without considering the other in the discussion.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

And all this time , I thought the Government bailed their sorry ass out with several billion dollars
    Obama Didn't Save Union Jobs, He Saved Union Pay

http://www.forbes.com/2011/06/21/bai...rs-unions.html
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Obama Didn't Save Union Jobs, He Saved Union Pay

http://www.forbes.com/2011/06/21/bai...rs-unions.html
    Comparing a auto manufacturer with an airline is not an apple to apple comparison. Airlines have daily cash flow, probably in the millions, wereas a manufacturer has to wait on sales. Meanwhile it's suppliers and creditors want paid on time. If they are not paid, they can shut you down and liquidate your assets for renumeration.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Two things about your exampel:

First: The 'boss' got what he paid for in labor...
    Second: Did the boss learn anything from his experience? If not... well the boss is no smarter than the laborer.

On the other hand: If the laborer wanted more $$ he needs to start his own co and take the liability for the work.

It works both ways Ace... we cannot talk about one side without considering the other in the discussion.
    Why, he was paid to run calls and collect the deductible. There was no pay to diagnos and repair.

He did learn his lesson .

And I know the highway has lanes in both directions

Comparing a auto manufacturer with an airline is not an apple to apple comparison. Airlines have daily cash flow, probably in the millions, wereas a manufacturer has to wait on sales. Meanwhile it's suppliers and creditors want paid on time. If they are not paid, they can shut you down and liquidate your assets for renumeration.
    The comparison is between businesses that operated in the red. They both had huge negative cash flows. The airlines had no advantage over car manufacturers.

The airlines were behind on their bills just like GM. The reason they didn't get shut down was because they went through standard bankruptcy procedures, not because of any differences in cash flow.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Most small business owners are decent, honest people. Of course there are always exceptions.

Any successful small business owner will tell you this: You have to pay your employees first. If that means there is nothing left for you, then you will have to make do or cut expenses until business improves. There is no such thing as a successful small business that does not pay its employees first.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

No, but if you think your are worth 50k a year and consistently bill outa couple hundred k a year, then it's not unreasonable to expect 50k instead of 45k.

I'm beginning to think some of you don't know what a ponsi scheme is, there is no 1 person at the top reaping the income produced by people lower down the ladder.
    If your work allows your company to bill out more then you make in wages and benefits, then you are making less then you are worth. Again, that is the way it needs to be.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

What's the difference between sales of airline tickets and sales of vehicles? They both generate cash flow. You are really deteriorating mancow.

Quite true.

We must also remember that airlines are selling a perishable commodity whereas the automakers are seling a durable commodity.

Thus your statement of apples and oranges is entirely correct.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Oh looky, two lone star state libbies doing the Texas two step together. Here they are practicing with the whole herd; http://www.flickr.com/photos/reallyboring/5173039897/

You go, girls!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast