Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    speaking of shutting down slow post offices. We had one localy that was going to get shut down. Basically it was a town that got enveloped by the city. This "town" wants to keep its identity. To shut down the post office would be saying the town is no more...which it has not been for 20+ yrs. A bunch of stick in the mud don't change anything old farts called the congress man to have it kept open. "We cant go ALL the way down town to drop off our letters!" downtown is a 15 min drive..plus there are mailboxes EVERYWHERE to drop your letter in. So now the rarely used post office is still open and getting a remodel all for political reasons. I am guessing there are about 10 employees for a 3 horse area of land.

just tired of my money going to wast..i don't need Saturday mail. i just need it to flow efficiently during the week. If i could get my regular mail threw UPS and FEDEX i would.
    We might even get better service if we have Jehovah's Witnesses deliver the mail.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Get your mail here and save your soul at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We might even get better service if we have Jehovah's Witnesses deliver the mail.
    I am fine with them delivering the mail as long as two things are done:

First: They do not sort my mail and decide what I do and do not get (religious reasons you know)... and;
    Second: They do not talk religion when they deliver the mail.

Otherwise; capitalism is the way to go.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am fine with them delivering the mail as long as two things are done:

First: They do not sort my mail and decide what I do and do not get (religious reasons you know)... and;
    Second: They do not talk religion when they deliver the mail.

Otherwise; capitalism is the way to go.
    You know their women don't wear any make up of any kind and don't style their hair. They will serve in the military as medics without side arms. We had one in our unit in Nam. They are conscientious objectors as far as bearing arms but will serve in combat as medics. That is OK with me. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Post office suspends retirement contributions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation...s-1554997.html
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Post office suspends retirement contributions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation...s-1554997.html
    This is the news that prompted me to start this thread.

So, you know how GM got back on it's feet? It dropped pensions for over 20,000 non-union employees.

This is the news that prompted me to start this thread.

So, you know how GM got back on it's feet? It dropped pensions for over 20,000 non-union employees.
    And all this time , I thought the Government bailed their sorry ass out with several billion dollars

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    And all this time , I thought the Government bailed their sorry ass out with several billion dollars
    When you get right down to it, government isn't responsible for the payment part of anything that government does, we the people are.

In the case of GM, we the people gave a private company a lot of money so that they could turn a profit while the standard of living for we the people continues to wane. In the process, we the people provided the money to pay off organized labor while American workers who contribute to paying off organized labor lose their pensions because they are not part of organized labor.

In their methods of claiming to better the lives of the American worker, organized labor has in fact hurt American workers. Only American workers who support paying off organized labor benefit, and even they get hurt by layoffs caused by the burden that organized labor puts on American industry.

Whose fault is it that we the people are not a part of organized labor. We the people are sleeping in the bed we the people made.

You yourself have stated time after time that you were confident in your ability to negotiate on your own. Did you fail. Or is it you've just gotten older and found you are not worth what you thought you were.

Target just voted against the union and for lower wages and less benefits. Whose fault, other than Target employees with the same frame of mind you have, is it.

Whose fault is it that we the people are not a part of organized labor. We the people are sleeping in the bed we the people made.

You yourself have stated time after time that you were confident in your ability to negotiate on your own. Did you fail. Or is it you've just gotten older and found you are not worth what you thought you were.

Target just voted against the union and for lower wages and less benefits. Whose fault, other than Target employees with the same frame of mind you have, is it.
    Mancow, I'm closing in on 60 years old and have never had a day off of work in my life. Even at my age, I am still marketable because of the diversity I have had the oportunity to experience in the HVAC industry that organized labor suppresses.

I am always worth more then I earn, and that's the way it should be.

Mancow, I'm closing in on 60 years old and have never had a day off of work in my life. Even at my age, I am still marketable because of the diversity I have had the oportunity to experience in the HVAC industry that organized labor suppresses.

I am always worth more then I earn, and that's the way it should be.
    You know, this is about the 3rd or 4th post where you have addressed me specifically. Are my words of wisdom sublimely entering your thick skull?

I would think you would make at least what you were worth and not less. Maybe you should move south , where HVAC, particularly AC, pays more.

Couple of thoughts here Ace:

First: Show me anyone who has never had a bad turn in their lives... and I will show you a fairy-tale movie. We all have times we win and times we lose... just life. It is the folks that learn to make lemonaide with the lemons that succeed.

Many times, we have come to this same point: Where is the $$$ for these higher wages supposed to come from??? Unfortunately companies have to operate balance sheets that balance (unlike the govt that prints $$$ and causes inflation as a result). No, I think most of the folks at Target are smart enough to know higher wages today would bankrupt Target (folks would shop at WalMart, cause they were cheaper because of lower labor costs), and the folks who got higher wages for a few mos would end up out of a job and without a pension... like the folks at GM.

So which one is better: Higher wages for a few years, then unemployment with no pension... OR... lower wages for your life with some form of self directed retirement?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I would think you would make at least what you were worth and not less.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't being paid more than you generate patently unsustainable?

Isn't your suggestion the root of all pyramid schemes?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast