Seaboard Mechanical Services
    I have been offered a job in North Carolina. Can anybody give me any info on Seaboard Mechanical Services.

Sure..Seaboard is one of the better company we have here in tidewater.
    A bunch of good old boys with lots of knowledge.If you can
    bring something to the table you will see they'll have no
    problem supporting you.money,schooling,whatever the case may be after all you will soon be family right?

Good luck with the new job...and relax you will find no better people to work for.

Hey Seaboard the next time I get to Chesapeake I'll stop in and get my check...LOL.

I ran the Richmond branch for 4 years. They're alright. Nothin special. You could do worse. They put a new branch manager in N. Carolina a year or two ago. That created a few problems but, they got over it.

They are owned by Pepco Energy. They seem to be having a little trouble deciding what they are. HVAC contractor? full service?

There's a poster named "Seaboard" that will show up here eventually. He's a straight shooter. He'll give you some staight answers. And then there's "russelldean". He's not a straight shooter. "russelldean" might post here if he can get his nose out of the boss's butt for a while.

Originally posted by Linden Swanson

There's a poster named "Seaboard" that will show up here eventually. He's a straight shooter. He'll give you some staight answers. And then there's "russelldean". He's not a straight shooter. "russelldean" might post here if he can get his nose out of the boss's butt for a while.
    LMFAO. Is that a glove on the ground??????

Linden sent me a link by email alerting me to this post. I'm the manager in Richmond. Russell is the manager in Chesapeake. Ed Curry is the North Carolina manager.
    Where are you at in North Carolina? The office is in Raleigh and we have techs all over the state. You have to be able to work independently with little supervision. We probably have more paperwork than many companies but have great benefits & a good team atmosphere. The sales staff came from the field so they know what it takes and won't undersell and leave the tech holding the bag.
    So if you can work with minimal supervision and are detail oriented the job should work out for you.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    LMFAO. Is that a glove on the ground??????
    Naaawwww. A staight answer to a legitimate question. Should he respond, I think it's important to be aware of motivations.

Please note the lack of contradiction to my comment in Seaboard's response.

Now Linden, don't drag me into it! Russell and I get along alright. The current setup within the branches breeds too much competition instead of cooperation but that has been recognized and changes are being made.