Hi there... American Standard question

I am trying to determine how many tons and seers the below model condenser is: 2A7B0060A1000AA Made in 2003. I greatly appreciate your time.
    John

i can tell its a 5 ton condesor

10 seer

Thanks for the quick reply.... Any idea how to determine the seer rating? I cant find any info out there what so ever on the internet. Thanks again!

ok, I in the market for a 5 ton system, looking for deals on craigslist and what not... I live in Fort Worth Tx. But I dont want to get taken advantage of. Any recommendations on installers in Fort Worth? My current system is a 5 ton Trane system, inside system is gas and hanging in attic, made 1998. Since I have the money right now, I thought it might be smart to replace the unit. I have noticed neighbors replaces theirs, all homes on my street were built in 97-98. Also, what brand to you recommend if you are on a budget? Preferably not Goodman, since I have had bad experience.
    I greatly appreciate the help and time- much appreciated.

american standard or heil

Just take the brand the MOST QUALIFIED contractor provides ! I probaly wouldn't look on craigslist to find a contractor. I wouldn't look for any deals as that usually doesn't turn out to good . Have a load calculation done for
    System sizing , manual d for duct work sizing and manual s for equipment selection. Have a look at the wall of shame for some of the deals others got .

Quote Originally Posted by meh70087 View Post
    Just take the brand the MOST QUALIFIED contractor provides ! I probaly wouldn't look on craigslist to find a contractor. I wouldn't look for any deals as that usually doesn't turn out to good . Have a load calculation done for
    System sizing , manual d for duct work sizing and manual s for equipment selection. Have a look at the wall of shame for some of the deals others got .
    he is right, equipment is only good if the installation is done right

Find a quality, established contractor, and dont get hung up on brand. Dont get hung up on price too much either. Quality costs in this industry. A cheap install looks almost the same as a quality professional install to the untrained eye. Dont think there isnt a difference in what you are paying for. Find the guy who will answer your questions, provides a load calculation, and doesnt pressure you into a quick decision, and go with him/her knowing that even tho it isnt the least expensive it is the best value.