Question i am new here?hvacr pay rates

i am opening a new company down east .
    i need to find out what is the going rates for hvacr certified,and apprenticed people .
    is there a difference in rates for specialty's .
    controls , residential , commercial ,industrial.
    residential mini split installer vrs grocery store cooler mech/hvac.
    i am also stumped here in n.b. we have no hvac r inspector , what gives .
    any input would help thanks .
    i would gather their will be a differing of opinions from owners to workers .
    but i am open minded and will take it with a grain of salt.

Usually more than plumbers and carpenters or electricians, and much less than doctors, politicians and movie stars.

Question where is the best place to place an add for a hvac tech

i am asking where is the best place to find a tech , you want to hire .
    i can see the industry frowning on the bosses the steel the techs from under someone else .
    but its is not always so easy when your in a small area to find certified workers .
    i am asking where is the most likely place you guys are going to get the info about a job opening .word of mouth, ei , internet , like face book.kijiji ect.
    just looking for some sort of idea .

Word of mouth in my experience.
    Around here, although there are a lot of companies, there ain't many supply houses, so you generally know everyone by face, and or name and company.
    And I think HVAC/R tech gossip more than any other trade, so who is hiring, firing, laying off or expanding is pretty much general knowledge.

Well, as a certified and qualified technician, I'd have a few questions for a new start-up company owner.

Can you provide enough work to keep me busy?

What happens when things get slow? Are you going to lay me off or not??

Keep in mind that these are hypothetical questions. I have no desire to leave my present company.

The problem with finding "good" techs is that they are already working.

The only way to get the good ones is through incentives like $ and benefits.

As stonewallred said, the day you hang out your shingle every tech in town will know by lunch time that there is a new company in town.

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrk8r View Post
    The problem with finding "good" techs is that they are already working.

The only way to get the good ones is through incentives like $ and benefits.

As stonewallred said, the day you hang out your shingle every tech in town will know by lunch time that there is a new company in town.
    Well siad. There is never a shortage of work in this industry, and a good tech will invariably be working already. Prepare to snag them with $$ or other benefits.

Never got a good tech with experience. Had a lot of problems with re tread techs. Attitude goes beyond skill. Trained 1 tech last year and he is great. Praise God. Took him from green 9 months with me everyday. Wouldnt do that with just anybody. Most people close up small businesses because of this problem.
    craigslist will get you people, but to get someone good that can just pick up and go is not likely. You would have to steal someone.

where is "east"? and how much money are we talking about? NB = New Brunswick? lots of oil eqp down east. what kind of service company? commercial, resi? industrial? and what JPsmith1 said.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|