Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy van doors

Angry

Anybody have trouble with the doors getting hard to open and close on their Chevy vans?

All 5 of mine have been terrible since the day the truck was new. 3 of them busted the linkage inside the door so far. The ones they just fixed a few months ago are starting to groan again already.

If any of you have had this problem, have you ever gotten inside the doors to try to lubricate anything?

You ain't peeing in it are you??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Don't tell me that, I just bought two Chevys about three weeks ago. Switched from Ford, the guys really wanted Chevys, arrrrrrrrrgh.

I have that problem on my Ford, though it seems to be limited to just the back doors, I have to lub the hell out of them and then it leaves streaks running down the body panels, looks like crap.

Never had that problem with any GM vehicle.
    Ya could hit the hinges with that spray grease every so often though.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by gruvn
    I have that problem on my Ford, though it seems to be limited to just the back doors, I have to lub the hell out of them and then it leaves streaks running down the body panels, looks like crap.
    The dealers tried that on mine the first time, but it didn't help. It was something inside the doors binding.

What kind of tool do they use to get those door panels off without breaking those round plastic thingys?

Ours have been nothing but trouble. Had a body shop drill some tiny holes in them to lube them. We'll see if that does any good on the latest troublemaker.

What kind of tool do they use to get those door panels off without breaking those round plastic thingys?

[/B][/QUOTE]

door panel tool, like a small wonder bar with a bigger notch.

Thumbs down We

have 9 newer Chevy vans from 2000-2005 (all 3500 series). Almost everyones linkages are broken on their side and rear doors. We don't even tell the garage guy anymore because he is sick of hearing it. These vans have got great engines and drivetrains, but the rest is second rate.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Originally posted by Diceman
    You ain't peeing in it are you??
    Wull, I was gonna, but I couldn't get the dang door panel off, so I wet myself!!

We have a fleet of Ford with up to 275K miles and all the doors work and the front door panels are not held on with zip screws. All motors factory! The mirrors dont shake either. Also the drivers seat has not fallen apart although they are ripped up a little.

Also how about the intake leaks and power steering leaks on GM.

Just my take on the GM truck

This being said the Gm does ride better!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I've seen many problems with the hinges binding up. The last van I drove got so bad I quit using the side doors until they replaced the hinges.... Talk about an ass chewing when the office got the bill for the new hinges!

They drilled a hole in the middle part of the hinge and put a zerk in there. Hit it every month or so with half a pump and it worked great. I gotta pound out the pins in the van I'm driving now and do the same before they break.

Originally posted by midhvac
    Many different styles and they sure do wonders...

Try here, here, or here.

I like the pry bar style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast