anyone cook on a plow disc?

Almost like a shallow wok.
    Good steel too, not a bad idea.
    Do you have it on a propane turkey cooker ring?

it's a small fry setup for a fish fryer, not a very big burner...next project is to replace the burner with a bigger 3-fing burner and lengthen the legs on the frame for a more comfortable cooking height. i don't want too big of a burner because i want to be able to drag food up on the side to stay warm while still cooking in the center

Okay, I was born in the city. So I gotta ask some questions.

Doesn't the disc have a hole in the center? What is the diameter ? How thick is it? How did you season it?

Look neat ! It look like something that would be good to cook crepes on.

I 'spect it takes a bit of time to season that John Deere Yellow paint offa there...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Okay, I was born in the city. So I gotta ask some questions.

Doesn't the disc have a hole in the center? What is the diameter ? How thick is it? How did you season it?

Look neat ! It look like something that would be good to cook crepes on.
    you have to weld a plug into the hole and grind it down. i made mine with a 22" disc. it's about 3/16" thick. i wiped it down with canola oil and seasoned it on the burner, just had to move it around a lot to get the heat to different areas. then i cooked bacon in it and rubbed the bacon all over it

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    I 'spect it takes a bit of time to season that John Deere Yellow paint offa there...
    sandblasted it and wiped it down with oil

I have not seen a plow used in the field for 20 years...its all no till, chisel or cultivate around here.

For the city folks this is a plow

The disk portion cuts the earth like a pizza cutter and the plow portion (large curved metal piece) turns or flips the soil over so the top is now on the underside.

Plow discs

Went to a family reunion a few years back in Ruidoso NM. Some of my wifes cousins were from Clyde TX and brought a huge disc with them. I thought to myself what the hell is that thing good for. Well they proceeded to fry up some of the greasiest most delicous burgers for dinner and fried taters for breakfast.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

As you cook the meat all the grease runs down to the middle and you just work the finished stuff up the sides till someone comes along and claims it.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Im sorry that i had to pay JD over $100 each to replace the disks on my 1953...JD40..restore ..