Hybrid View

anyone cook on a plow disc?

Almost like a shallow wok.
    Good steel too, not a bad idea.
    Do you have it on a propane turkey cooker ring?

it's a small fry setup for a fish fryer, not a very big burner...next project is to replace the burner with a bigger 3-fing burner and lengthen the legs on the frame for a more comfortable cooking height. i don't want too big of a burner because i want to be able to drag food up on the side to stay warm while still cooking in the center

Okay, I was born in the city. So I gotta ask some questions.

Doesn't the disc have a hole in the center? What is the diameter ? How thick is it? How did you season it?

Look neat ! It look like something that would be good to cook crepes on.

I 'spect it takes a bit of time to season that John Deere Yellow paint offa there...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Okay, I was born in the city. So I gotta ask some questions.

Doesn't the disc have a hole in the center? What is the diameter ? How thick is it? How did you season it?

Look neat ! It look like something that would be good to cook crepes on.
    you have to weld a plug into the hole and grind it down. i made mine with a 22" disc. it's about 3/16" thick. i wiped it down with canola oil and seasoned it on the burner, just had to move it around a lot to get the heat to different areas. then i cooked bacon in it and rubbed the bacon all over it

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    I 'spect it takes a bit of time to season that John Deere Yellow paint offa there...
    sandblasted it and wiped it down with oil

I have not seen a plow used in the field for 20 years...its all no till, chisel or cultivate around here.

For the city folks this is a plow

The disk portion cuts the earth like a pizza cutter and the plow portion (large curved metal piece) turns or flips the soil over so the top is now on the underside.