Thread: brain teaser

There are three prisoners held captive. They are standing in a row one in front of the other and blind folded. The guard has five hats, three black and two white.He places one hat on each prisoner and discards the remaining two hats. He removes the blind folds and tells the prisoners that if anyone can guess the color of their hat they can all go free, if not death. The person in the back can see the color of the two hats in front of him,the guy in the middle can see the one hat in front of him and the guy in front cant see anything. After some time passes the guy in front says the color of his hat and is correct. What color is his hat and how did he figure it out?.

Black he saw the two white hats on the ground.

Black. The guy in front was a skilled, experienced HVAC technician. He sensed the elevated rate of absorbtion of the sun's radiant heat at the surface of his calibrated cranium.

hint

incorrect. the answer is based on what the two guys behind him didnt say. Think about it

We knew that, we were just being evasive. We are right, eh? Thanks for the clue, anyway. Good brain teaser -- it's nice to work the gray matter once in a while! :-)

hint

There is a clear cut answer to this problem. I will give the answer tomorrow if no correct answer.

The guy in front is wearing a black hat.
    Why:
    The guy in back doesn't say anything, he sees 2 hats that are either both black or one black and one white, if he saw 2 white hats he would have known his hat color and said something.

Guy in middle now knows that he and the guy in front must be wearing either black and black or black and white. If he saw the man in front wearing a white hat he would then know that he is wearing a black hat and say something, but he didn't.

So after some time goes by the guy in front screams out "my hat is black" now cut me some slack and let us all out, Jack.

I could be wrong about the guards name.

Breeze

Brain teaser

Correct, Breeze is the man. Good job.