Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    The bearings are almost burned out on the OP's fishing reel
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Yeah he could of been fishing,there is no way he was hanging around a couple months while he was getting the estimates and then posted this, I think he would have been posting as he was doing it. Good catch Carn.

You guys... don't you know a troll can't read. A troll gets paid for every post so if this guy is a troll you are giving him a paycheck.

Time to put this one behind us and focus on doing a better job for our customers everyday. Your dinner table demands it.

Yeah he was a troll, but he got something he didn't expect,

Some damn good answers.

Talking

Hey,

I am a HO (I have asked a couple of questions in another thread, as I am getting a couple of bids to install a new system). I just couldn't resist, in spite of the fact that it will show my internet unsavvyness: What exactly is a troll? Sorry, I had to ask.

Thanks

Technically a troll is someone who posts crap with the intent to get a rise out of the forum members. Here? A troll is anyone we fell like calling a troll

Mostly we get a kick out of beating a dead troll by continuing to post stupid stuff based on whatever we can think up that the OP might have meant.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If you kick a dead troll enough, it may return to life.

Originally posted by jrbenny
    If you kick a dead troll enough, it may return to life.
    You made that up! (didn't you?)
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by mlbussert
    Hey,

What exactly is a troll? Sorry, I had to ask.

Thanks
    LMAO!!

Confused

Gentlemen, distingushed contractors, and concerned homeowner:

RANTUS MAXIMUS

What has become increasingly aggrevating in this business (HVAC) is that, we ... the few, the proud, the ones that charge the right price and get accused of "raping" people ... continually have to negotiate ... AKA: HAVE A REVERSE AUCTION ... with the many techs and installers that have started their own business. Granted, they may be great techs and installers, but hardly ever are they great (or good) businesspeople (PC).

What the american consumer has managed to negotiate themselves into is the better contractor trying to do the job for less than the required margin. We understand money is an issue, and as a result, companies have sprung up offering HVAC financing to the homeowners. The net result (statistically) is that 20% of this business goes out of business every year ... making way for the new "IDIOT SAVANT" to further ruin the HVAC trade's reputation by becoming a reverse auctioneer himself.

To Homeowner: When the educated, better, priced right contractor comes out and asks you how many other bids are you getting, he can smell the answer no matter how your answer comes out. Not to mention, he gets a good feel for it based on how many educated questions you ask. Let's face it, when you ask technical questions that can only result from 14 other contractors pumping you up with enough information to be dangerous to yourself and your neighbors, we smell your proverbial "waste of time".

Fellow HVACeRs: I say let's stop the reverse auction. This is the price and that's it. Let them get it done somewhere else ... I call it seuring work for the future (Granted, you have to eat, so you must negotiate to some level). Even if you run it out of your house or garage ... PRICE IT RIGHT!

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that 15 contractors ignored you. Maybe their BS alarm wnet off.

the only thing you said that made any almost sense was; "another mucking fonday" and then even that was on the crude side.

Originally posted by obi-wan
    Gentlemen, distingushed contractors, and concerned homeowner:

RANTUS MAXIMUS

What has become increasingly aggrevating in this business (HVAC) is that, we ... the few, the proud, the ones that charge the right price and get accused of "raping" people ... continually have to negotiate ... AKA: HAVE A REVERSE AUCTION ... with the many techs and installers that have started their own business. Granted, they may be great techs and installers, but hardly ever are they great (or good) businesspeople (PC).

What the american consumer has managed to negotiate themselves into is the better contractor trying to do the job for less than the required margin. We understand money is an issue, and as a result, companies have sprung up offering HVAC financing to the homeowners. The net result (statistically) is that 20% of this business goes out of business every year ... making way for the new "IDIOT SAVANT" to further ruin the HVAC trade's reputation by becoming a reverse auctioneer himself.

To Homeowner: When the educated, better, priced right contractor comes out and asks you how many other bids are you getting, he can smell the answer no matter how your answer comes out. Not to mention, he gets a good feel for it based on how many educated questions you ask. Let's face it, when you ask technical questions that can only result from 14 other contractors pumping you up with enough information to be dangerous to yourself and your neighbors, we smell your proverbial "waste of time".

Fellow HVACeRs: I say let's stop the reverse auction. This is the price and that's it. Let them get it done somewhere else ... I call it seuring work for the future (Granted, you have to eat, so you must negotiate to some level). Even if you run it out of your house or garage ... PRICE IT RIGHT!

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that 15 contractors ignored you. Maybe their BS alarm wnet off.
    I think what he is trying to say is that he doesn't care for the whole free enterprise idea.

I would not agree with some of the comments made. All you wanted was the salesman to take the time to explain a few items and go over the bid and describe what you were paying for..

Just with alot of what has been going on around the country ,I would say that they weren't focused and you should try and pick the one that made you most comfortable in his approach to your system needs..

That's my opinion' I could be wrong...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast