I think I understand why they bumped the minimum SEER up to 13 instead of 12.

People in this country are living way too darned long. They get old, gray, wrinkled and ugly and they complain about every little ache and pain they get. Then they live so long that they wind up poor, cause they spent all their money. Then they start to pee on themselves and become a burden on the system.

If the minimum SEER was raised to 20 and their a/c went out in the middle of the summer, we could be rid of them and this country could begin to prosper again.

Then, the one's that are right behind them a few years would see what happened and shoot themselves in the head and we'd be rid of them too!

How old are you now midhvac?

When you are over the age of 65, when people start to burden the system, I will not come to fix your A/C

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

When you are over the age of 65, when people start to burden the system, I will not come to fix your A/C
    Now why'ja have to go and remind me how old I was? That ain't fair!

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

And that means it will keep running and you'll grow way way old.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.