Carrier 30 gt150601 s1994f96201

I have a bad exv on this unit,got new exv 32gb403274 but is different from original. This unit has exv driver board which drives both valves.Will i have to change both valves and have eprom reflashed to drive both valves? I think old valve has 750 steps and new has 1500 steps. Old valve has 6 bolts on motor cover ,new valve doesnt.

No
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Straight foreward replacement. But remember this, you used to be able to take the guts out of the old exv's and rebuild them in place. Do Not take the new ones apart for any reason, I know. It's not hard to slop a wet rag around on the new smaller valve bodies. You just have to like being hunkered down in a tight space over a hot 1 1/8 tube breathing phosgene!
    Damn phosgene

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Straight foreward replacement. But remember this, you used to be able to take the guts out of the old exv's and rebuild them in place. Do Not take the new ones apart for any reason, I know. It's not hard to slop a wet rag around on the new smaller valve bodies. You just have to like being hunkered down in a tight space over a hot 1 1/8 tube breathing phosgene!
    Damn now you tell me

I've opened up several of them without any problems. Its really pretty straight forwad.
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!