Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrier Install

Proper Practice...

Originally posted by Christheheatingdude
    It is a new install, new lineset, new coil, new everything...I do not see the need for a drier. I guess you guys do on all new installations. I don't.
    There's a reason for the drier beyond it being proper procedure on any install... Get ready for some consequences if you pratice this with Puron systems... They are so hydroscopic Carrier provides the drier for you... better use it...

Installing a drier is as important as flowing nitrogen during your brazing...
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Thanks for the reply Alltemp. I will definetly use it on the R410a systems, this was R22.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it, and there is always something new to learn.

Printed Foil Tape

This is a UL181A-P listed tape. Been tested for several different performance characteristics that give an idea of the durability of the product over the long-haul while operating in the adverse kinds of conditions that an HVAC system is subject to. Also, material that tape is made of is specified that it has to be plain foil, with certain strength properties. Printing to identify the product as a listed tape is required for any UL181A rated tape. It's a requirement of the UL181A standard.

Unprinted foils have not been subject to the same levels of performance testing.

Now, there are two UL181 standards out there 181A and UL181B-FX. The second is a highly watered down version of the first. The A-rated tapes meet B-FX standards, but not vice-versa.

Since 2000, IRC and IECC codes require ducts to be sealed with UL181B-FX rated products -- either tape or mastic. Like all codes, it just depends on enforcement as to whether or not it gets used.

Lastly, not all printed tapes are tested in accordance with either standard. Be careful.

Does that model carrier come with the liquid line drier in the cabinet? My soon to be ex. employer never has the installers put one on.Saves the $7.00 dontcha know

Originally posted by stonefly
    Does that model carrier come with the liquid line drier in the cabinet? My soon to be ex. employer never has the installers put one on.Saves the $7.00 dontcha know
    No it does not come with one. If it had, I would have installed it.

Thumbs up

RIGHT JOB GO OOOOOOON...
    Together we can improve our business

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123