Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeywell XL50

We have some TAC that was pulled out and XL50's were put in its place.

What do I need to set up to get into these things? I have no LON software or connectors or anything.

Is info from Honeywell propreitary? Also there are LON VAV controllers on the job but Im not sure what brand, the looked like rebadged CSI.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Excel 50 has a comm module that plugs into it. Check to see what it's communicating. If LON, you can pull it into a LM database and see what they gave you for points. (you will need to make a template)

For programming the thing you need CARE software.

If you have CSI vav boxes chances are it's LON.

Keep in mind that Lonworks points are mapped out. There may be many points that are not. For that use the display... or that little handheld display.

Where can I get CARE? How much is it?
    What is the handheld thing?

LM database?
    I have no Lon software, cables, etc. need to know what I need completely to get going.

Your rebadged CSI controllers are probably rebadged Invensys. The CSI/TAC 102-AX is manunufactured by Invensys. Just gotta ask what happened to the TAC stuff and why was it pulled?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Dont know if its the control contractor itself or the controls, CSI/TAC seen it happen with them both as soon as they are out of warranty they get yanked because of dissatisfication with the product, know of a CSI system pulled out a month after service.

Oh and btw the control contractor has changed locally and new customers still have the same complaint, but more business for me so

Well it must be the contractor which is too bad, but sounds like it is good for you. The Rockefeller Center is paying TAC/CSI for research and developement of the CSI system because they are that happy with the product that they want the capabilities of it expanded. We've got numerous customers that we have taken over their systems and they have never been more comfortable. Any 100 series controllers all should be able to be easily integrated with any Lon system. Programmable controllers may/may not be easy. Hey I am trying to put together a system in my house but I am too cheap to pay for it ;o). Any spare controllers you don't use/want?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Ill see as they come crab like I said they have changed contractors locally with complaints with both, no chance you can help me with my LON issue and how to get started so I can get working on these XL50s, nothing like a new challenge

I haven't worked on the XL50's before. Lon would be a good thing to put in your arsenal as if you've got a contractor that isn't doing a proper job of commissioning and setting up controllers you could probably go back in without changing all the controllers and reprogram the network and be that much more of a hero. LonMaker software is really relatively cheap. Might be something to seriously consider. I think you can pick up the lower version for like 500 bucks, which gives you 5 credits. Someone could expand on this better than me. Maybe I'll do some searching and come back and edit/add to this.

I just went to Honeywell.com and there is quite a bit of literature available if you just do a search on the xl 50.

Here's one link
    http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/prod...ge51r1104b.pdf

[Edited by crab master on 09-28-2005 at 11:56 PM]

Originally posted by joey791
    Where can I get CARE? How much is it? What is the handheld thing? LM database?
    I have no Lon software, cables, etc. need to know what I need completely to get going.
    CARE - need to contact the ASD in the area. (distributor)
    Handheld - If no display on the XL50 (built-in) then it's the XI584? plugin display. It's more of a panel mount display.
    LM database - Lon Maker. You could upload all the devices. If you have plugins for the ASC controllers and CARE you are set.

XL50's are really nice little controllers with the built in display.

They have built in displays. The local distributor would rather see me die a painful, fiery, horrible death than give me a chance to work on the stuff.

Try password 3333. (default for adjusting) Now you are in. Then if it is LON just import the device and see what you get.

Im gonna have to get Lon maker and whatever cables I need sys, I have nothing LON, just Trane Rover on another computer

Joey - you should think about checking those XL50's to see if they are C bus or E bus first before LM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast