Thread: Linkedin?

Linkedin?

I've gotten a few emails recently asking me to join customers that I've previously serviced Linkedin network. Anyone know what that means? I don't want to be on someones list and get mass emails about things that dont concern me. But I really have know idea what it is. Thanks for any insight.

Linkedin is a social networking site, similar to facebook or twitter. Personally, I don't bother with signing on to the networking sites.

It is a professional contact/social networking/business leads.
    Has it's pluses and minuses.
    I know folks who swear by it and know folks who swear at it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    Linkedin is a social networking site, similar to facebook or twitter. Personally, I don't bother with signing on to the networking sites.
    If you don't see the value or potential of social networking platforms like LinkedIn, then don't even waste your time.

There is the potential to achieve a number of things through LinkedIn, such as generating leads, promoting your business, locating talent, access to educational benefits, and more.

IMO, social networking won't really do anything for your business if you spend 5 minutes a week in the endeavor.

Linkedin is sort of a social networking site except it doesn't have any of the social stuff. No chatting, no discussion forums, no real interaction between people.

The idea is to "connect" with other people you work with or have professional relationships with for professional reasons.

Mostly it's used by job hunters hoping that somebody they know professionally will know somebody who knows somebody who has a job available.

If you have an interview at XYZ incorporated, you can search your "contacts" to see if any of them have a contact at XYZ company and can put in a good word for you through their friend.

I've never heard of anybody actually getting a job this way.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

I think that LinkedIn can do much more than help someone to find a job. However, it find it difficult to keep with all all social sties (facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
    Personally, I don't bother with signing on to the networking sites.
    So why did you sign in here?

Just sayin'

BTW, I am on both LinkedIn & Facebook. The line between professional networking and social networking needs to be maintained.

Wish I bought the stock three weeks ago, it doubled.
    Always here