Talking

I have a Goodman CLJ-36-1 condenser 12 seer 2001 model. I would like to know what is the matching Goodman evaporator coil and furnace for the condenser? I need a up flow furnace and coil. I am looking at a 80% 2 stage variable-speed or the same in the 93%. Also I live in Dallas Texas. So would a 3.5 ton evaporator coil would be ok. I was looking at the GMU air filter. Can I set the furnace on top of it? Also as far as return. Would a 18 x 24 be ok or 20 x 24 return air grill. Yes you answered the question before but with a single stage and PSC motor and return air. I have see the light about the 2 stage variable-speed. Thank you, jmb

Roboteq you there?

mmmfffmmmff....yes, I'm just finishing my dinner

Here is the spec sheets; http://securenet.goodmanmfg.com/pdf/...Lit/SS-336.PDF

While it is not rated with a furnace, the CA*F036*2* is rated with the CLJ36-1 as 11.2 SEER. This is what I would go with. This combo will give you a potential of 28% latent cooling which is very good for dehumidification.

The furnace of course would be a GMV80703B**

I would also install a TXV and set the blower for 15% below the 3ton setpoint.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

oops sorry. One more question. Do you have a 93% furance that would work. Thanks, jmb

I have a couple of warehouses full of them. How many you want

Oh! Sorry; you meant you wanted the model

GMV9070***is a two stage variable speed condensing furnace that in my opinion is one of the best on the market.

Roboteq whats up.

On the Goodman web site it shows that a GMV90703BXA is a 1.5 ton to 4.0 ton. When you go it the pdf file for specs it show 1.5 ton to 3.0 ton. Which one is right. So one needs to fix that. Thanks, jmb

Both are correct...sort of. That furnace used to come in a wider cabinet and was rated up to 4 ton but it has been revamped to a narrower cabinet and dropped down to a max of 3 ton.

If you can find one of the older, wider versions it will have the capability of running 4 ton.

Ok now it makes since. GMV90704CXA has the 4 ton blower. I would buy from you but there are two things. One it would be an Internet order and Goodman will not give a warranty for it. Second I am not sure how an installer would take it. I think they like to supply the equipment. Also you probably do not have any GMV90704CXA left. Thanks, jmb

Originally posted by jmb

I would buy from you but there are two things. One it would be an Internet order and Goodman will not give a warranty for it. Second I am not sure how an installer would take it. I think they like to supply the equipment. Also you probably do not have any GMV90704CXA left. Thanks, jmb
    Good going, you passed that test

Actually, I did not realize you were not a contractor.

Thumbs up

No I am not a contractor. I do work building maintenance for a larger company so I do have some experience with HVAC but I know my limits. Do not be surprised if I post some more questions for you. Thanks very much for the help so far. jmb

It's been a pleasure.