Hi, Im remodeling my house and need to purchase ceiling registers. Can someone recommend where I can buy them online. I have purchased from Atlanta Supply in the past but they do not stock the 12x4, 14x4 and 10x4 curved blade non- adjustable. The adjustables cost 3 times more than standard and when you need 15 of them its a bit expensive

Thanks!

http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop...83460/list.htm

Why not buy local at a supply house, as you'll save in shipping? Remodeling isn't cheap....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I could be blind but I didnt see any curved blade types? And yes, remodeling is costing me a fortune - it does make for a good excuse at to why its taking me sooo long!

The local supply house wont sell to me as Im not licenced. They usd to when I built my other house 7/8 years ago. They said they have to be more careful now due to complants from licensed HVAC people...

Hey, I read a thread where someone said that the curved blade are for cooling only?

"2.) Registers on dual season units should be "downward blowing" over infiltration points (ie. windows) if only because the other type will keep the heat only at the ceiling. "Across the ceiling" registers, or diffusers, are best on cooling-only systems, IMO. "

The original registers were curved blade and the HVAC person who charged my AC recommended to replace with curved blade?

I'll not get into curved blades vs. straight blades. I just wanted to comment that remodel projects are the best opportunity to justify purchasing all those neat, new, and shiney power tools :-).

Good luck....

Ah, I didnt know that diffusers were so contriversial! Yeah, I have been able to justify some very cool stuff - table saw, air compressor, nail guns, cordless drills...

Originally posted by kuma
    Ah, I didnt know that diffusers were so contriversial! Yeah, I have been able to justify some very cool stuff - table saw, air compressor, nail guns, cordless drills...

I don't know what city you are in but, it might be to your benefit to contact Collins-Walker Dallas.They have a wide assortment of different gills and also have custom type.

214-247-5433

I live in the Sacramento California area. Not sure if Collins-Walker ships... will have to call thme and find out.