Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Yea the training guy said they bought them on December 28. If they change the silk screen from Can2Go to Schneider, that will be a deal breaker for us!

The USB thought is a good idea, I may look into this closer, but we also need something we can read live data from at the time as well.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

I just used our new wireless comm and it worked perfectly for mstp zone sensor was moved over 200' through multiple walls, setup and config was pretty simple too, Just so anyone asks I am the sceptic in our group and I was impressed.

what system are you talking about?

Just heard that Trane has a wireless receiver for wall sensor and comm combined. Anyone try this yet? The wall sensor wireless is solid but haven't tried the new comm side yet.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Amigo, and Dapper this is the one I was referring to is Trane.

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Well my experiment with RIB enocean relays turned into an epic fail. Ended up running underground conduit to the chiller we where controlling. Long story but running conduit was a total PITA.

Had the transmitter inside 4" from a glass window, receiver was 6' away inside a weather proof plastic box and could not get reliable results. The biggest problem (besides the pathetic range) with these is they only send the ON/OFF command once. If it misses, you’re SOL. Stated range is 50', apparently they mean 5". I can’t say anything nice about these parts.

FDI will be getting a nasty call. All the time and service calls I have into this crap, should have ran the conduit to start with.
    If it helps any I have been doing some playing around with the newest of their Enocean relays. I'm having decent luck with them so far. Last trial I had put them through was at a site that our can/enclosure was within two feet of an exterior metal door out to a generator 30 feet away and it has been reliable.

I noticed when It goes through my Can2Go controller the signal is constantly repeated so it doesn't seem to be a "one shot" anymore. Also, the two I have been messing with are bidirectional. Seems pretty damn slick so far.

I guess you were a beta tester!!
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

FWIW - I just got done installing a wireless network about a month ago and I am pretty happy with the results so far. Granted only doing temperature monitoring at this point, but it was nice how easy it was to setup. Wish RLE did LON, but it was easy enough to do to Modbus. The device can do Modbus TCP/IP or RTU, BACNET MSTP or IP or SNMP.
    Used the device below with BAPI sensors.
    http://rletech.com/product/fds-wi/

One nice thing is it seems to have multiple wireless channels, 400 and 900 mHz so it was easy to add a stronger repeater to pick stuff up that wouldn't quite come thru. The other nice item is the expected battery life of the BAPI sensors, 8 yrs. http://www.bapihvac.com/products/wireless-sensors/

I wouldn't use this for process/temperature control less than 3/4 of a degree, but for generic monitoring and comfort control it seems pretty decent.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Done a number of Zigbee Meshes for JCI. Good option for both controllers and sensors.

Checkout Echoflex for wireless relays, and Regulvar for wireless thermostats. They both can be found on the Enocean Alliance website. Good luck with both products, teamed together with Can2Go System.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234