Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 49
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    465
    Today I began working on a Spinwave setup we are implementing via Modbus tcp/ip. Seems to work well.

  2. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Have not used much more than industrial WIFI gear in a few places. For comms we stick with wire, if need be we can bring in the I/O wireless to the module. I would be all ears if someone has used some sort of wireless MS/TP gear. I have a feeling that the latency would torch the network at all but the slowest bauds.
    Have you looked at the WBT900 (Wireless BACnet MSTP Transceiver) by AIC Wireless?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Front Range
    Posts
    34
    I have been using the AIC wireless LON transmitter (WLT900) for the last few months with great success. No problems with device discovery,commissioning,upload, download or general operation. I have also been testing the AW5100 Wireless Access Point transmitters utilizing 802.11g/b from from Neteon.net. with great success. I plan on utilizing the AW5100 with EasyIo (Sedona/BacNet IP) controllers to take control of 50 + RTU's on a controls retrofit job. The AW5100 can be utilized to create a 802.11g/b mesh network. I have been skeptical of wireless but have decide there are situations if one puts some thought into the engineering and programing and verifies the site conditions with some field testing it can be a great cost effective alternative to pulling wire.

  4. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by debug69 View Post
    I have been using the AIC wireless LON transmitter (WLT900) for the last few months with great success. No problems with device discovery,commissioning,upload, download or general operation. I have also been testing the AW5100 Wireless Access Point transmitters utilizing 802.11g/b from from Neteon.net. with great success. I plan on utilizing the AW5100 with EasyIo (Sedona/BacNet IP) controllers to take control of 50 + RTU's on a controls retrofit job. The AW5100 can be utilized to create a 802.11g/b mesh network. I have been skeptical of wireless but have decide there are situations if one puts some thought into the engineering and programing and verifies the site conditions with some field testing it can be a great cost effective alternative to pulling wire.
    Check your email

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Amarillo by mornin'
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by debug69 View Post
    I have been using the AIC wireless LON transmitter (WLT900) for the last few months with great success. No problems with device discovery,commissioning,upload, download or general operation. I have also been testing the AW5100 Wireless Access Point transmitters utilizing 802.11g/b from from Neteon.net. with great success. I plan on utilizing the AW5100 with EasyIo (Sedona/BacNet IP) controllers to take control of 50 + RTU's on a controls retrofit job. The AW5100 can be utilized to create a 802.11g/b mesh network. I have been skeptical of wireless but have decide there are situations if one puts some thought into the engineering and programing and verifies the site conditions with some field testing it can be a great cost effective alternative to pulling wire.
    How do like EasyIO so far? Have you ever looked at these guys?

    http://www.pervasivedevices.com/
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,658
    Well my experiment with RIB enocean relays turned into an epic fail. Ended up running underground conduit to the chiller we where controlling. Long story but running conduit was a total PITA.

    Had the transmitter inside 4" from a glass window, receiver was 6' away inside a weather proof plastic box and could not get reliable results. The biggest problem (besides the pathetic range) with these is they only send the ON/OFF command once. If it misses, you’re SOL. Stated range is 50', apparently they mean 5". I can’t say anything nice about these parts.

    FDI will be getting a nasty call. All the time and service calls I have into this crap, should have ran the conduit to start with.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Amarillo by mornin'
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Well my experiment with RIB enocean relays turned into an epic fail. Ended up running underground conduit to the chiller we where controlling. Long story but running conduit was a total PITA.

    Had the transmitter inside 4" from a glass window, receiver was 6' away inside a weather proof plastic box and could not get reliable results. The biggest problem (besides the pathetic range) with these is they only send the ON/OFF command once. If it misses, you’re SOL. Stated range is 50', apparently they mean 5". I can’t say anything nice about these parts.

    FDI will be getting a nasty call. All the time and service calls I have into this crap, should have ran the conduit to start with.
    I was wanting to do something very similar to your same scenario with these devices. Just wondring, was the transmitter a RIB transmitter or was it some other device?

    That really is a let down to hear it can't reliably make it even 6 feet. I was sure hoping that these would work at least that far. In their pdf is says typical range is 50' to 150'! Did you ever talk to anyone at FDI about the poor range?
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Front Range
    Posts
    34
    Xarralu,

    I have been bench testing the LYX-30P (This is Lynxsprings version of the EasyIO 30P-SF) and have been happy with it. It showed up in a plain cardboard box with no documentation, software info, driver info or installation instructions but that being said knowing it was a brand new product for Lynxspring I contacted there tech support and before the end of day I had it configured / online and had started programming it. It seams to be a pretty robust programmable controller with lots of diversity with the configurable IO and choices of protocol options (Sedona , BacNet IP, Mstp and Modbus) and priced right. Also the best info and training material for EasyIo is found on a series of Youtube videos. Start here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDe62...eature=related. On a side note I’m very interested in this Sedona wireless product if it is priced right and works as advertised (really cool).
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,658
    Both sides where the RIB parts. The transmitter was the 24v model and the receiver was the 110v relay. Initially they where installed about 30’ apart with a masonry between, never worked. Managed to find a hiding spot next to a window that was directly in line with the receiver and relocated the transmitter.

    I talked with FDI on during the initial setup, as pairing the two modules was not totally clear in the documentation. Their tech made mention that they really needed to be close when initially paring the two. I thought this was odd because it would not work @ 6’ which should have been fine according to the documentation.

    After spending the time installing them twice now, and the service calls to figure out what the problems was, I decided to cut my losses and hardwire the unit. Once I get the parts back, I’ll be getting in touch with about returning.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Amarillo by mornin'
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by debug69 View Post
    Xarralu,

    I have been bench testing the LYX-30P (This is Lynxsprings version of the EasyIO 30P-SF) and have been happy with it. It showed up in a plain cardboard box with no documentation, software info, driver info or installation instructions but that being said knowing it was a brand new product for Lynxspring I contacted there tech support and before the end of day I had it configured / online and had started programming it. It seams to be a pretty robust programmable controller with lots of diversity with the configurable IO and choices of protocol options (Sedona , BacNet IP, Mstp and Modbus) and priced right. Also the best info and training material for EasyIo is found on a series of Youtube videos. Start here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDe62...eature=related. On a side note I’m very interested in this Sedona wireless product if it is priced right and works as advertised (really cool).
    That is cool! Their wireless IBO vav controller look cool also. I think if I was going to jump into a line, EasyIO or something with Sedona looks like the way to go.

    I really wanting to get some wireless hardware in my hands and give it a real world test drive. Haven't really heard anyone fully implementing Zigbee or something like it, but I've been thinking fork over some of my stash and get some "stuff" to try out.

    Enocean sounds like its really getting off to a bad start/run. I haven't heard one person say anything good about it at all.

    Anyways, thanks for the info Debug. One of the places I get parts from has a few EasyIO controllers in stock, I might just have to pick one up.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Amarillo by mornin'
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Both sides where the RIB parts. The transmitter was the 24v model and the receiver was the 110v relay. Initially they where installed about 30’ apart with a masonry between, never worked. Managed to find a hiding spot next to a window that was directly in line with the receiver and relocated the transmitter.

    I talked with FDI on during the initial setup, as pairing the two modules was not totally clear in the documentation. Their tech made mention that they really needed to be close when initially paring the two. I thought this was odd because it would not work @ 6’ which should have been fine according to the documentation.

    After spending the time installing them twice now, and the service calls to figure out what the problems was, I decided to cut my losses and hardwire the unit. Once I get the parts back, I’ll be getting in touch with about returning.
    It will be interesting to see what they tell you. If they give you any grief about returning them, you could sell them to me.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    238
    How about the Viconics wireless? Have a job coming up using them. Any one use them?

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    you could sell them to me.
    Hmm it may be a coin toss between that and going office space on them in the parking lot...
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event