+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Control and Systems Integrators

Post Likes
    Xarralu,

I have been bench testing the LYX-30P (This is Lynxsprings version of the EasyIO 30P-SF) and have been happy with it. It showed up in a plain cardboard box with no documentation, software info, driver info or installation instructions but that being said knowing it was a brand new product for Lynxspring I contacted there tech support and before the end of day I had it configured / online and had started programming it. It seams to be a pretty robust programmable controller with lots of diversity with the configurable IO and choices of protocol options (Sedona , BacNet IP, Mstp and Modbus) and priced right. Also the best info and training material for EasyIo is found on a series of Youtube videos. Start here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDe62...eature=related. On a side note I’m very interested in this Sedona wireless product if it is priced right and works as advertised (really cool).

Post Likes
    Both sides where the RIB parts. The transmitter was the 24v model and the receiver was the 110v relay. Initially they where installed about 30’ apart with a masonry between, never worked. Managed to find a hiding spot next to a window that was directly in line with the receiver and relocated the transmitter.

I talked with FDI on during the initial setup, as pairing the two modules was not totally clear in the documentation. Their tech made mention that they really needed to be close when initially paring the two. I thought this was odd because it would not work @ 6’ which should have been fine according to the documentation.

After spending the time installing them twice now, and the service calls to figure out what the problems was, I decided to cut my losses and hardwire the unit. Once I get the parts back, I’ll be getting in touch with about returning.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by debug69 View Post
    Xarralu,

I have been bench testing the LYX-30P (This is Lynxsprings version of the EasyIO 30P-SF) and have been happy with it. It showed up in a plain cardboard box with no documentation, software info, driver info or installation instructions but that being said knowing it was a brand new product for Lynxspring I contacted there tech support and before the end of day I had it configured / online and had started programming it. It seams to be a pretty robust programmable controller with lots of diversity with the configurable IO and choices of protocol options (Sedona , BacNet IP, Mstp and Modbus) and priced right. Also the best info and training material for EasyIo is found on a series of Youtube videos. Start here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDe62...eature=related. On a side note I’m very interested in this Sedona wireless product if it is priced right and works as advertised (really cool).
    That is cool! Their wireless IBO vav controller look cool also. I think if I was going to jump into a line, EasyIO or something with Sedona looks like the way to go.

I really wanting to get some wireless hardware in my hands and give it a real world test drive. Haven't really heard anyone fully implementing Zigbee or something like it, but I've been thinking fork over some of my stash and get some "stuff" to try out.

Enocean sounds like its really getting off to a bad start/run. I haven't heard one person say anything good about it at all.

Anyways, thanks for the info Debug. One of the places I get parts from has a few EasyIO controllers in stock, I might just have to pick one up.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Both sides where the RIB parts. The transmitter was the 24v model and the receiver was the 110v relay. Initially they where installed about 30’ apart with a masonry between, never worked. Managed to find a hiding spot next to a window that was directly in line with the receiver and relocated the transmitter.

I talked with FDI on during the initial setup, as pairing the two modules was not totally clear in the documentation. Their tech made mention that they really needed to be close when initially paring the two. I thought this was odd because it would not work @ 6’ which should have been fine according to the documentation.

After spending the time installing them twice now, and the service calls to figure out what the problems was, I decided to cut my losses and hardwire the unit. Once I get the parts back, I’ll be getting in touch with about returning.
    It will be interesting to see what they tell you. If they give you any grief about returning them, you could sell them to me.
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    How about the Viconics wireless? Have a job coming up using them. Any one use them?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    you could sell them to me.
    Hmm it may be a coin toss between that and going office space on them in the parking lot...

Post Likes
    Hmm it may be a coin toss between that and going office space on them in the parking lot...
    I know how you feel!

Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    I know how you feel!

Vbullet server in your photogaff?

Post Likes
    Uh...yea sure. By the way do you work for Johnson Controls?
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Have not used much more than industrial WIFI gear in a few places. For comms we stick with wire, if need be we can bring in the I/O wireless to the module. I would be all ears if someone has used some sort of wireless MS/TP gear. I have a feeling that the latency would torch the network at all but the slowest bauds.
    Didn't mean to bump an old thread, but I've been using quite a bit of wireless products lately. I did a large heat pump job with the Viconics wireless stats back to Niagara with great success. Also the JCI ZFR wireless MS/TP has been rock solid on all the jobs we have used it on, and I even have a large RTU project that we used solely all wireless MS/TP routers and coordinators on. All the FEC's are set at 38k baud and so far, knock on wood, zero communications issues or latency issues. Granted they are all just packaged units we are using them on, but it was a huge time saver. My only gripe on the JCI ZFR system is I haven't figured out a way to use it on any other 3rd party products. FEC's or PCG's only. It sure would be nice to have a "cost effective" or "competitively priced" wireless alternative that would work on any vendors product. I'm betting in the next few years with the steady growth of people utilizing zigbee it's only around the corner. So far the products I have used have been extremely robust.

I've just recently started dabbling with enocean, but really haven't had the chance to put it through the paces. I've also been looking at some devices that use the Jennic wireless, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on anything yet to break.

Personally I'd like to see a big shift towards the Sedona platform. I have a few of the EasyIO controllers myself and while I think it still has some growing up to do, it is a solid product. It took me a couple hours to get everything set up and understood, but I'm really enjoying it. I had some crazy engineer that specd a job for all IP based controllers on the AHU's and the price on the EasyIO killed the competition and so far it has been cruising along without a hitch.

Post Likes
    Glad you did bring this back up. Can you send me a link to the JCI stuff?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/default.aspx

Just do a search on ZFR. The MS-ZFR and the FX-ZFR are the same thing. JCI also has the wireless Viconics TEC's, but they use a Jace 200 on the metasys side with a locked down app installed on it for MS/TP or Bacnet IP. Personally, I would steer clear of the JCI Viconics. They are still using an old revision of firmware in the TEC's that while they work just fine, there is limited functionality. If you can get a hold of any tridium products, use their wireless serial antenna or just get it from Viconics. Can2Go also can tie in the Viconics stats to a Bacnet IP based system, but they do have limitations on the Bacnet router capability.

Post Likes
    Xarralu,
    Have you looked at the Wireless Sedona products by Aurora-AX? They are manufactured by AIC Wireless. They have some pretty good case studies for HVAC Controls and Lighting.

Post Likes
    TRS wireless and AIC wireless have worked well for me have quite a few of both never had any problems

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WLD900 View Post
    Xarralu,
    Have you looked at the Wireless Sedona products by Aurora-AX? They are manufactured by AIC Wireless. They have some pretty good case studies for HVAC Controls and Lighting.
    No, I haven't. The only wireless stuff I have messed with lately is the Can2Go UN2 controller and I just ordered this past friday 2 of the RIB bi-directional relays. I am going to be setting them up on my home test bench and run them through their paces. I'm having high hopes for them, so will see.
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Bringing this back up as I am looking to implement a wireless solution for recording load data prior to the control system being built. Basically building and unit operation prior to TI.
    Just need a about a dozen space temp sensors and about 1/2 dozen humidity sensors. They want pressure transducers as well, but I think I'll just hardwire those.
    Figured I'd go with the BAPI stuff since I've used it in the past, but wireless LON/Modbus/BACnet would be nice so I won't have all the interface modules as I've had with the BAPI.
    I need to store it so I figured I'd just use a webserver that can do LON/BACNET/Modbus for storage until I connect a PC to it.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Why not just use some of the USB data loggers?

Cheap, temp and RH are readily available, and most have plenty of storage space to cover months of data. There are also some that will also take 0-10 or 4-20ma signals.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Bringing this back up as I am looking to implement a wireless solution for recording load data prior to the control system being built. Basically building and unit operation prior to TI.
    Just need a about a dozen space temp sensors and about 1/2 dozen humidity sensors. They want pressure transducers as well, but I think I'll just hardwire those.
    Figured I'd go with the BAPI stuff since I've used it in the past, but wireless LON/Modbus/BACnet would be nice so I won't have all the interface modules as I've had with the BAPI.
    I need to store it so I figured I'd just use a webserver that can do LON/BACNET/Modbus for storage until I connect a PC to it.
    Can2Go would work if the sensors are not too far apart. The UN2 controller will store trends indefinitely until the 2gb internal memory is full and can export to.csv directly from Firefox, has an internal web server, has 6 universal in/6 universal outputs, and does BACnet/IP. It's like a mini JACE

Sorry if I sound like a sales pitch, just got back from Can2Go training a few hours ago.
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Can2Go that is now owned by Schnider? The same company that now owns Viconics?

Before long, we are all going to have 3 choices for controls, hwell, jci and schnider.

Post Likes
    Yea the training guy said they bought them on December 28. If they change the silk screen from Can2Go to Schneider, that will be a deal breaker for us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in