Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Hmm it may be a coin toss between that and going office space on them in the parking lot...
    I know how you feel!

"It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    I know how you feel!

Vbullet server in your photogaff?

Uh...yea sure. By the way do you work for Johnson Controls?
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Have not used much more than industrial WIFI gear in a few places. For comms we stick with wire, if need be we can bring in the I/O wireless to the module. I would be all ears if someone has used some sort of wireless MS/TP gear. I have a feeling that the latency would torch the network at all but the slowest bauds.
    Didn't mean to bump an old thread, but I've been using quite a bit of wireless products lately. I did a large heat pump job with the Viconics wireless stats back to Niagara with great success. Also the JCI ZFR wireless MS/TP has been rock solid on all the jobs we have used it on, and I even have a large RTU project that we used solely all wireless MS/TP routers and coordinators on. All the FEC's are set at 38k baud and so far, knock on wood, zero communications issues or latency issues. Granted they are all just packaged units we are using them on, but it was a huge time saver. My only gripe on the JCI ZFR system is I haven't figured out a way to use it on any other 3rd party products. FEC's or PCG's only. It sure would be nice to have a "cost effective" or "competitively priced" wireless alternative that would work on any vendors product. I'm betting in the next few years with the steady growth of people utilizing zigbee it's only around the corner. So far the products I have used have been extremely robust.

I've just recently started dabbling with enocean, but really haven't had the chance to put it through the paces. I've also been looking at some devices that use the Jennic wireless, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on anything yet to break.

Personally I'd like to see a big shift towards the Sedona platform. I have a few of the EasyIO controllers myself and while I think it still has some growing up to do, it is a solid product. It took me a couple hours to get everything set up and understood, but I'm really enjoying it. I had some crazy engineer that specd a job for all IP based controllers on the AHU's and the price on the EasyIO killed the competition and so far it has been cruising along without a hitch.

Glad you did bring this back up. Can you send me a link to the JCI stuff?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/default.aspx

Just do a search on ZFR. The MS-ZFR and the FX-ZFR are the same thing. JCI also has the wireless Viconics TEC's, but they use a Jace 200 on the metasys side with a locked down app installed on it for MS/TP or Bacnet IP. Personally, I would steer clear of the JCI Viconics. They are still using an old revision of firmware in the TEC's that while they work just fine, there is limited functionality. If you can get a hold of any tridium products, use their wireless serial antenna or just get it from Viconics. Can2Go also can tie in the Viconics stats to a Bacnet IP based system, but they do have limitations on the Bacnet router capability.

Xarralu,
    Have you looked at the Wireless Sedona products by Aurora-AX? They are manufactured by AIC Wireless. They have some pretty good case studies for HVAC Controls and Lighting.

TRS wireless and AIC wireless have worked well for me have quite a few of both never had any problems

Quote Originally Posted by WLD900 View Post
    Xarralu,
    Have you looked at the Wireless Sedona products by Aurora-AX? They are manufactured by AIC Wireless. They have some pretty good case studies for HVAC Controls and Lighting.
    No, I haven't. The only wireless stuff I have messed with lately is the Can2Go UN2 controller and I just ordered this past friday 2 of the RIB bi-directional relays. I am going to be setting them up on my home test bench and run them through their paces. I'm having high hopes for them, so will see.
    Albert Einstein

Bringing this back up as I am looking to implement a wireless solution for recording load data prior to the control system being built. Basically building and unit operation prior to TI.
    Just need a about a dozen space temp sensors and about 1/2 dozen humidity sensors. They want pressure transducers as well, but I think I'll just hardwire those.
    Figured I'd go with the BAPI stuff since I've used it in the past, but wireless LON/Modbus/BACnet would be nice so I won't have all the interface modules as I've had with the BAPI.
    I need to store it so I figured I'd just use a webserver that can do LON/BACNET/Modbus for storage until I connect a PC to it.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Why not just use some of the USB data loggers?

Cheap, temp and RH are readily available, and most have plenty of storage space to cover months of data. There are also some that will also take 0-10 or 4-20ma signals.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Bringing this back up as I am looking to implement a wireless solution for recording load data prior to the control system being built. Basically building and unit operation prior to TI.
    Just need a about a dozen space temp sensors and about 1/2 dozen humidity sensors. They want pressure transducers as well, but I think I'll just hardwire those.
    Figured I'd go with the BAPI stuff since I've used it in the past, but wireless LON/Modbus/BACnet would be nice so I won't have all the interface modules as I've had with the BAPI.
    I need to store it so I figured I'd just use a webserver that can do LON/BACNET/Modbus for storage until I connect a PC to it.
    Can2Go would work if the sensors are not too far apart. The UN2 controller will store trends indefinitely until the 2gb internal memory is full and can export to.csv directly from Firefox, has an internal web server, has 6 universal in/6 universal outputs, and does BACnet/IP. It's like a mini JACE

Sorry if I sound like a sales pitch, just got back from Can2Go training a few hours ago.
    Albert Einstein

Can2Go that is now owned by Schnider? The same company that now owns Viconics?

Before long, we are all going to have 3 choices for controls, hwell, jci and schnider.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast