Thread: ycas0198 txv ID

ycas0198 txv ID

Can anyone ID these two TVXs as far as capacity. 025-34559-010 and a 025-34559-020? York part numbers.

If you are at the machine, you can look on the side of the valve body and it will have a number (ex. OVE 15). That would be 15 ton txv. Hope this helps.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chad_nc View Post
    If you are at the machine, you can look on the side of the valve body and it will have a number (ex. OVE 15). That would be 15 ton txv. Hope this helps.

Chad
    I appreciate the response but the problem is that I know the tonnage of the valves that are on the chiller now, two 70 ton valves. Two compressors one is 100 tons and the other is 80 tons on a York YCAS 0198. Chiller was shipped in from another location and sat idle for several years. Because of the way the processor was set up it was previously used for process cooling, I am appling it to comfort cooling in a factory. The numbers I quoted in original thread are York part numbers for factory installed TXVS on the listed York machine. Basically I'm starving the 100 ton circuit. A more detailed post is located in the pro forum chiller section.
    Last edited by blewbyu2; 06-21-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: original post is not in pro forum but in open chiller forum

As far as i can remember, the two valves are basically OVE70, but their capacity has been modified (increased) by Sporlan, dedicated for York. So original OVE 70 will not match. The difference is the capillary tube lenght. It is 10ft (-010) or 20ft (-020) long, the cooling capacity is the same on both valves.
    "Quality exists, when the price is long forgotten."

Henry Royce