Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EASYSEAL!!

I admit that I have used this product once, but you would think that if the problems exist that yall are claiming that it would be removed from the shelves.
    Did these problems ever show up in factory or independent tests? Have these results been published? Are there any lawsuits filed that claim the product is destructive?

Several distributors around here say they sell quite a bit of it, none have reported any negative feed back, and I know them quite well.

Yall got me worried now and paranoid dammit!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

We need to move this discussion to the professional section.

yep once you have smelled that stuff you won't forget it. I had something shoot out of my guages that sounded like a bb. when I went to use them the next day after using that stuff.

Wahoo, I don't think that's necessary but contact a mod as you wish.

FWIW, I think this thread shows what happens when HO's try to take the short, cheap route. I think It's informative in a good way to HO's.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Tangent, I totally agree HO need to know this stuff usually has a poor track record, but some have to ask why it's still on the market and THAT discussion needs to be in the pro section, IMO anyway.

I need more convincing.....if somebody has any references or publications as to the effects of this product being detrimental, please post them.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Cool, if my memory is correct, there is a seperate subject in pro section complete with some pictures. Might want to check it out. But as I said, there seems to be a "kit" available now that may address some of the past problems, so might work better now, don't know but based on our experience can't convince me to try it again.

It becomes personal preference I think. If someone has been burned by it they won't use it again. If you've had good luck then you will stand by the product. That's all it is IMO!

I just searched google for complaints on HVAC super seal and HVAC stop leak, and much to my surprise there was not a long list of complaints. There were a few isolated complaints listed, but no forum from consumer watchdog agencies decrying the ripoff... I have to admit I was expecting to find some substantive complaints, but alas, I did not.

Im just a n00b... This is a test post to see if my signature is up now... sry
    It's not rocket-science...

It's electromechanical thermodynamic engineering

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTechNC View Post
    Im just a n00b... This is a test post to see if my signature is up now... sry
    No, If it was rocket science we would be called space janitors.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTechNC View Post
    I used it when I was in maintenance and the idea was to extend the life of equipment at any and all costs\ (even if there was a 90% chanceit would kill the equipment), but would never, i repeat NEVER sell this stuff to a customer...
    My experience exactly...For Apartment and Rental Industry Use Only...should be on the label, it works great in a pinch for the short term to limp you over the budget finish line.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I have been using it now for about 30 days in an apartment complex we have, not sure if the leaks were repaired for not been in field long enough. I do know we have yet to lose any equipment due to product. This equipment is residential type and uses a piston metering device.

Yesterday I used it for the first time in a unit with an TXV and almost instantly it restricted the device. My supplier keeps telling me that it was not the product but just a faulty TXV, it was working fine before the product, just low charge.

I have 3 service trucks, the product has been restricted from this point on to 1 apartment complex being they are for the most part in very poor overall condition. We will never use it in any other customers equipment, no exceptions. The apartments are owned by a friend and I have informed him of the issue I had on another piece of equipment so it was his choice to continue use of product.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast