Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EASYSEAL!!

EASYSEAL!!

Has anyone had any problems using this product? I'm told this stuff will repair most small leaks in evaporators, condensers and fittings. It seems to be too good to be true so I would like to to hear opinions from other users.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZORJ View Post
    It seems to be too good to be true .
    So what does this tell you?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

While it may seal leaks, it may do other things as well. No necessarily good things. It reacts with moisture soooo............................................. depending on the condition of the system
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Has anyone had any problems using this product? I'm told this stuff will repair most small leaks in evaporators, condensers and fittings. It seems to be too good to be true so I would like to to hear opinions from other users.
    Ahhhh.... yea.

Let us know when it stops running.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

As a matter of fact my TXV locked-up on me. I am running system like a cap tube untill I can replace TXV. Not happy camper. Salesman said best thing since sliced bread. Fool me once--shame on you--fool me twice shame on me.
    No free lunch

I've seen this stuff plug the leak but it also plugged the metering device. Not a fun repair at all. I was always taught to never put anything in the system that wasn't put there by the manufacture. I didn't use the leak seal in case you're wondering it was someone else, I was just involved with the return call.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your input.
    No problem!

Always trust the Duck.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

I used it for the first time about a month ago after leak checking a system and not being able to find it. There is about 30 feet of the lineset hidden in a ceiling that I cant get to.
    I put in a can of this snake oil...so far, no problems.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

It worked great for us as long as you "really" wanted to replace the entire system in the first place because that's what eventually happened. I think now they have a complete "kit" containing another additive (or two) you have to use in a certain order but based on our experience, I'd never touch that stuff again (unless you want to replace the entire system). Used it four or five times, with simply bad results each and every time.

I used it when I was in maintenance and the idea was to extend the life of equipment at any and all costs\ (even if there was a 90% chanceit would kill the equipment), but would never, i repeat NEVER sell this stuff to a customer...

Unless I really didnt like them...

Or wanted to force them to replace their HVAC unit in the next two weeks...

Hmm

Last time we used it, we decided to "really" make sure system was dry. It was a 12 yr. old GSHP with small leakage in indoor air coil (evap). We pulled the charge, and replaced filter dryers and ran system for about 2 weeks, then went back and replaced the dryers and then added the sealer. This GSHP actually ran about 5 weeks before the compressor seized up. It was TWICE as long as we had one last before, but in the end it killed the patient anyway!! The stuff sounds good, but as mentioned before.....sounds too good.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Last time we used it, we decided to "really" make sure system was dry. It was a 12 yr. old GSHP with small leakage in indoor air coil (evap). We pulled the charge, and replaced filter dryers and ran system for about 2 weeks, then went back and replaced the dryers and then added the sealer. This GSHP actually ran about 5 weeks before the compressor seized up. It was TWICE as long as we had one last before, but in the end it killed the patient anyway!! The stuff sounds good, but as mentioned before.....sounds too good.
    Just curious...

Why not fix the leg instead of killing the patient?

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast