+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On the School Bored........

Post Likes
    Dang it. Ran as a "good will gesture" planning on being beaten. Nobody even ran against me. No election for school board here in Nov. I just walk in. Like I didn't have anything else to do with my time.........
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Make some good come out of it
    I mean you are there might as well do something like m&m day in the cafeteria

See what being a nice guy gets you

Post Likes

Smile Cool, Spotts

Speak your mind. Those kids have a big mouth and they can't even take of themselves. My main thing is those that want to learn and are disrupted by the ones that want to be a clown or need attention. Find a class for clowns and children that need attention. I think 75% of the class would like to learn. Do your magic Spotts. Roy

Post Likes
    It will help you in business. If it is between you and "the other guy" people will pick you. "Jack Spotts, yeah, I heard of him."

Post Likes
    Still goes on your resume as , held elected office,

So make the most of it.

Post Likes

Since this is an elected office........

If one tosses his hat into the ring and no one notices, is he truly elected?

That's a good move, spotts........although I don't know about where you're at, but around here you'd have to wear a disguise to go to the liquor store from now on.

Actually, I think Jerry should run for Selectman up thaya in Bennington. Then you two could have a "bored" meeting at the next H-Talk convention.

Post Likes

HaHa! I typed my name on GOOGLE

and got........ http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/Stories/0,1413,164~8312~3064263,00.html
    I feel like the line in "The Jerk" where Steve Martin needed the drink with an umbrella in it so he can say "Be Somebody" like the ad he saw. I already like seeing my name in the paper all the time and not under "in the courts". Customers do seem to already know. Got a $9,500 mini-split project from a rich cattle dealer here today that I bid months ago. He says.... "Ya know. I served on the Brush School Board for 12 years......" right off.

[Edited by spotts on 09-26-2005 at 06:53 PM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: HaHa! I typed my name on GOOGLE

Originally posted by spotts
    and got........ http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/Stories/0,1413,164~8312~3064263,00.html
    I feel like the line in "The Jerk" where Steve Martin needed the drink with an umbrella in it so he can say "Be Somebody" like the ad he saw. I already like seeing my name in the paper all the time and not under "in the courts". Customers do seem to already know. Got a $9,500 mini-split project from a rich cattle dealer here today that I bid months ago. He says.... "Ya know. I served on the Brush School Board for 12 years......" right off.

[Edited by spotts on 09-26-2005 at 06:53 PM]
    You bring a tear to my eye. This is how I've been doing business for years and I love it.

Post Likes

Jack

Congratulations
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    Pretty soon we'll be hearing

"Congresman Spotts" and then
    "Senator Spotts" and then before you know it
    "President Spotts"

Just remember us little guys when your in the big chair next to the red phone.

Post Likes
    Just think of it as about the same thing as when you were young. Then you were IN THE SCHOOL BORED, now you are ON THE SCHOOL BOARD. Just hope you are still not IN THE SCHOOL BORED.

[Edited by dec on 09-27-2005 at 12:11 AM]

Post Likes

Re: Re: HaHa! I typed my name on GOOGLE

Originally posted by benncool

[Edited by spotts on 09-26-2005 at 06:53 PM] [/B]
    You bring a tear to my eye. This is how I've been doing business for years and I love it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why do you think I tried it there Benn? Hell, your everywhere in your town and you get all the best work. Monkey see-monkey do.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    good point and thats why you join the lions the kiwans and other community groups to network
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in