+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do to relax

Post Likes
    Well thanks for the input at least I know I'am not going crazy, and others have the same problem as I. I have been looking at things to relieve some pressure. I live in the desert and I always wanted to explore some of the old pioneer trails and mines, do a little drywashing gold mining and perhaps some camping. I bought a bunch of books on finding the hard to find spots and I am looking for a jeep as we speak. I use to fly small airplanes have about 600 hrs, but thats been 10 years and it would be more stressfull relearning all tht crap plus all the new stuff. I really need the time to recharge . One other thing when ever I do get time to relax I find myself thinking about work did I call that person or did we get that done who got paid and who didn't. That I know is just will power to stop thinking that way.it's been helpful and I find you guys very intuitive.

Post Likes
    Xanax works well, also. At the end of a hard day pop 2 or 3 and it's all good. And if you get up in the morning feeling burnt out, pop 1 or 2 and it just won't matter.

Post Likes
    sit by the river, read a good book ... got tons of them.
    Meditate, massage, tool shopping, write, add to my journal, spend time here ... (waaaay tooo much, according to my dear wife) LOL

I take walks, I drive, I tinker on little things. I draw/ sketch/ paint.
    And last but certainly not the least, I sit down and listen to my family.
    That's the hardest one for me to do, by the way.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse
    Xanax works well, also. At the end of a hard day pop 2 or 3 and it's all good. And if you get up in the morning feeling burnt out, pop 1 or 2 and it just won't matter.
    Don't take this seriously, it was only a joke.

I usually will take a day or two off and just go down to the beach or at one off the passes and toss a fishing line into the water and sometimes I'll even put bait on the hook. The best time for me is going out at night, 1-2am when it is all quiet when the only sounds you hear is the ripple in the water and the wings of the mosquitos. It is just peaceful as can be to look up at the starlit night and wonder what it's all about and how good I really do have it.

Post Likes
    wish you would of said something earler, got to go ,really sleepy

Post Likes
    i like to do stuff with the family go to the aprk or the beach sometimes we go for walks the trick is to find something completly different from work to unwind. I used to play soft ball on a mixed team (beer league)
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Get yourself a 100gal aquarium and toss a few decent fish in there, it does wonders just to watch them, very relaxing.

If you have the room of course...

Post Likes
    I just follow "2hot" around and make fun of him.

Seems to work pretty well!

Post Likes
    C'mon now...just tryin to help the guy out here...Go chase Markos ..... The Arab

Post Likes
    I'm pretty sure he'll be gone in the morning, just like the other one that left earlier tonight.

Post Likes
    What's that all about? who is that fuc%ing nut?

Post Likes
    Not sure, but he didn't like being called a TROLL!

He came to the conclusion it had to do with being a child ... you fill in the blank.
    (I don't associate with that term)

I have NEVER heard "that meaning" to describe a troll.

I always remember the little 'troll' doll with long, wild hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in