What do you do to relax
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Had a good summer this year, the problem is it was full of stress. I won't get into details. I am finding it hard to do a service call just can't get into it. I am short with people, kind of burt out. I can't afford to be burt out. Just woundering do some of you go thru this and what do you do to get out of it

Relaxation requires moments of down time, even if those moments are not that long. Once in a while I will stop for lunch and actually eat in the restaurant or sit in my truck in the parking lot listening to music or just enjoying quiet.

The old adage; "Stop and smell the roses" really is great advice. Too many people stress out with planned attempts to relax.

Also for me, I like immersing myself in mindless action movies. Sort of gives my brain a two hour vacation from reality. I really think that these shows about Cops and Justice system and ER's and such add more to our stress level then anything else.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hmm Roncool

Sounds like the time for a vacation or just a weekend get away. I feel burnt out sometimes also. Sort of like my job is not fun anymore. But when ever the bad times out weighs the good times, you might think of a new line of work. For me, they pay me good. It's like I sold my soul. So I keep on going to work. I wish you the best. Roy

For me I am either at camp or thinking about going to it.

My wife always said that we must have done something right in our lifes in order to deserve our camp.

Yeah I get short with people all the time, it gets frustrating because I don't intend to be, but I get burnt about this time of year and seem to care a little less about what I say to peple when I am like that. So don't ask anymore stupid questioins ok ?

LOL

Hmm Like my 15 year old said

Why can't we all be friends.

[Edited by oroy54 on 09-26-2005 at 02:45 PM]

Hmm gruvn

Did anyone ask a stupid question? If so Who? The only question mark in this thread has come from me. Why are you misspelling a lot of simple words? Are you tired or angry? Roy

Try and take a three day weekend and get away if possible. If you golf, go golfing, if your wife golfs, leave her at home!

I do woodworking in my garage

or I drink whiskey.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Drink a few beers, work on my redneck camaro, mess with my kids, mow the grass.......etc

You need a hobby. If you like hotrods and want to always be working on it buy a Ford but if you just want to do what you want to it cause it never breaks down buy a Chevy.

Cruise the thousands of navigable creeks in the county.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen
    Cruise the thousands of navigable creeks in the county.

Float-n-bloat or whitewater?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

OCT 21-26 AND NOVEMBER 10-19 DEER HUNTING.No phones no wife no nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast