+ Reply to Thread

Thread: defeating chaos

Post Likes
    I have come the realization that many of us here try to defeat posters whose only criteria is to create chaos. There are some in this section and even some of the same who post in HVAC oriented sections but most like to dwell in ARP as well.

The unnerving and uncomfortable conclusion I have come to is this; "chaos cannot be defeated".

That's right; we cannot defeat chaotic posts. Why not? Because the intent of a person who only wants to create chaos is to divert the attention of the issues at hand into meaningless drivel and so the more they are disputed, the more they can create more chaos.

Even when shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that what they have posted is totally wrong, the chaos minded poster will simply ignore the outcome and move on to the next chaotic point. There is no end to the nonsense that someone can come up with when their intent is to create chaos.

The only way to deal with chaos is to avoid the chaos. Going around chaos is impossible if you confront it. Confronting chaos immediately absorbs you into the chaos; you become part of the chaos.

War is what happens when nations no longer feel they can deal with or no longer wish to deal with chaos. This is of course not the only reason for war, but it certainly has a hand in every aspect of war. That is why war is so chaotic.

So, for anyone interested in reducing chaos in their life, you must discipline yourself to avoid the creation of chaos and move away from the chaos itself. It is nearly impossible to do this at all times but it is certainly possible to back out of a chaotic confrontation once you realize you are in one. The thing now, is to be able to recognize chaos.

To recognize chaos, look for irrelevance. Look for assaults on ideas with no solutions. Look for contradictions. These are all tools of the chaotic poster.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Robo, that was remarkable posting speed you showed there, I just read the post that gave you the idea for this thread as soon as you posted and BAM, it is here, you are fast on the board man, I can respect that.

Post Likes
    Yes Robot,

A good technician will deal with chaos not avoid it or cry about it.

Post Likes
    Speaking of chaos...

How's your truck doing Robo?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lusker
    Speaking of chaos...

How's your truck doing Robo?

Controlled chaos. Three pints of steering fluid is getting me through each day till I can dig up the funds to get the front end of this thing replaced.

I've grown attached to this truck, so I will most likely hang on to it for a while.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Sounds like ya might be low on blinker fluid.

Is that what yer talkin' 'bout up top?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes

Robo

If your power steering pump is leaking that bad. Use a cheap brand of transmission fluid. It wont hurt a thing and way less expensive. Roy

Post Likes
    How much do youhave to buy before it equals th erepair?

What does your driveway look like ? Just add some green grass with the red fluid and your all set for XMAS

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn

What does your driveway look like ? Just add some green grass with the red fluid and your all set for XMAS
    It doesn't get a chance to hit the grass or driveway... it is caught in a pale and recycled.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn

This is a factor I am keeping an eye on. I'm just sort of stuck in a rut at the moment.

As for the driveway, this situation is helping me. My parking lot is a stone crush that has a lot of weeds growing up through it. I park in a slightly different spot each night and the leakage is doing a great job of killing the weeds

(Always look for the silver lining!)
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I had the same problem on my Park Ave last year, Its a pain in the ass but it only turned out to be a line, it was like a 120 bucks to get it fixed.Would have been less than a hundred if I didn't have the Ultra (supercharged). I also had a similar problem with my Tahoe, but that was still under warranty. Where in the hell are they making these things at ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in