Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    plus baurd wall hung units are often found on manufactured homes or villa style homes with no attic crawl space. the relay sounds great to me but has the down side of cutting the air off when using another appliance that drastically increases heat load....did he mention that it was struggling to meat demand....of course i would just tell my wife to do laundry at 1:am.......hehehe...yah right....and she would just tell me to kiss her ...well you know....would work but i just dont understand why you would want to fight this to begin with , and if you insist then yes, use the hose like you have OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by icoolfla View Post
    plus baurd wall hung units are often found on manufactured homes or villa style homes with no attic crawl space. the relay sounds great to me but has the down side of cutting the air off when using another appliance that drastically increases heat load....did he mention that it was struggling to meat demand....of course i would just tell my wife to do laundry at 1:am.......hehehe...yah right....and she would just tell me to kiss her ...well you know....would work but i just dont understand why you would want to fight this to begin with , and if you insist then yes, use the hose like you have OCD.
    yup. I say move one or the other.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

agreed...and you can hang close on a line to dry.....hehehe...just saying.

Bard tech support told me to go for it. Already done and running a little bit better.
    I may need to change the motor as well. But well see how that goes. Ill change it when/if I know I need to. Not just because I THINK ill have too.

Reversing the air flow is the least hassle solution. Its just the least common one also. There isn't a law of physiscs that says which way it has to blow. It can be done either way. Unfortunately I need it to go the opposite direction that the manufacturer chose because of it location.

but with dryer lint....this is a fine particulate and i fail to see how this solution changes anything except the direction the coil gets impacted from.....best of luck and please let us know.

is the lint screen in the dryer itself still there and being cleaned regularly? Won't elim. all the lint but would help....lots of times that screen is AWOL

The condenser fans run both ways on one of the chillers I work on. They start off one way then as the head pressure goes up, they reverse rotation. First time I worked on it I was like WTF....

Quote Originally Posted by upnort View Post
    The condenser fans run both ways on one of the chillers I work on. They start off one way then as the head pressure goes up, they reverse rotation. First time I worked on it I was like WTF....
    LOL, that would be a trip.

makes sense though. I'm assuming running in "reverse" at startup is to help build head faster since the fanblade isn't going to move as much air?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

On cooler days they stay in reverse........ Seems like it would be awful hard on the motor to change rotation once running. I think it has 12 fans and I've had to replace 3 in it's first 8 years of operation. I wouldn't call that reliabe. It only runs 6 months of the year.

Get a bit of window screening and make a removable lint screen to place in front of the condenser once you've replaced the fan blade. I've had customers with similar screens in cotton wood areas. The screen makes it easy to clean, just pull off the screen and rinse.
    I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12