Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I live in Pennsylvania and am looking to replace my heat pump system. I currently have a carrier and am leaning towards trane. What is the most dependable and or best value system for my money? Are there any systems totally manufactured in the USA ?

PA Water Source Heat Pump ( WSHP)

Originally posted by batdorfjr
    I live in Pennsylvania and am looking to replace my heat pump system.

Currently have a carrier
    and am leaning towards trane.

What is the most dependable and or best value system for my money?
    You may wish to fully evaluate a Water (ground) Source Heat Pump system for PA conditions.

I am not saying Ground Source Heat Pump IS for you due to high front end cost, but you should be aware of this option if you will live in your current house for an extended period where electric rates will increase significantly.

TRANE

http://www.trane.com/Residential/Pro...HeatPumps.aspx

Water Furnace

http://www.waterfurnace.com/content....ntial&page=rez

Climate Master

http://www.climatemaster.com/InsideCM.htm

[Edited by dan sw fl on 09-25-2005 at 11:31 AM]
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Get yourself a Lennox XP19, CBX32MV, Lennox Sig Stat, best system available. Find a good, quality contractor, you will love the new system.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Check out the Carrier Infinity ,like no other uses the lasest GE variable speed motor,and great control system,it can ven have zoning adde with little in duct changes.

Find the contractor you trust to do a professional job and install what they recommend. The lowest quality, properly installed system will generally perform better than the most efficient machine out there. Don't forget about the service after the sale. All, and I mean All brands occasionally have problems and if the installing contractor is professional and reputable, the problems will be quickly addressed. More complaints and headaches are generated by the lack of service after the installation. PEOPLE are more important than equiptment in this field.

Carrier has a cool duel fuel system if you have gas heat
    heat pump till the temp on the outside t-stat is reached than the gas takes over

so find yourself a good conteactor and buy the cheapest piece of crap "Goodman-- we make 23 SEER by putting a 3 ton condenser with a 10 ton coil and a 20 ton gas furnace but don't worry u don't need a TXV or variable speed like other manufactuers", and you'll be find. As long as you use a "quality" Goodman dealer it will all be ok.

Not sure if it's politically correct to use "quality" and "Goodman dealer" in same sentence.

We are in PA and sell both Trane Carrier and GEO heat pumps,I like the BEST brand for the Home\homeowner.It really comes down to who puts it in. Are installers are NATE certified,and I run the job.The heat pumps of today are AWESOME!!!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Originally posted by davenet
    so find yourself a good conteactor and buy the cheapest piece of crap "Goodman-- we make 23 SEER by putting a 3 ton condenser with a 10 ton coil and a 20 ton gas furnace but don't worry u don't need a TXV or variable speed like other manufactuers", and you'll be find. As long as you use a "quality" Goodman dealer it will all be ok.

Not sure if it's politically correct to use "quality" and "Goodman dealer" in same sentence.
    What a jackass!

To answer the question about being totally made in the USA, Goodman is.

Obviously davenet has no clue as to what he is talking about when it comes to equipment. Let me guess....another Trane drone?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Don't hold back Robo, tell us how you really feel

Heat Pump

Sears is were you go to get Carrier and Home Depot is selling
    Trane so if you want to stay Professional you should look at
    Lennox there still Lennox!

Robo, I know you have a thing for Junkitrol, but it's just not as good as most other brands. I went to Houston earlier this year, took the factory tours, stayed at the Sheraton Suites on them, ate the Filet Mignon on them, and all that was impressive; but, the equipment is just a little substandard when compared to, say, Lennox. No, I don't care too much for Trane at all. I like Lennox and Carrier and not much else. We do have a couple of builders who ask for Goodman, and we'll use it if we have to. I don't think I'll ever use Goodman again on a gas application, and fortunately in my area we don't see alot of gas. You can get defensive and say what you want, but in general most anyone will agree Goodman/Janitrol has long been a "cheap" system made of poorer quality than most. They have come a long way recently, but still not in the same class as Lennox and Carrier.

Well davenet, I disagree, the specs disagree, consumer advocates disagree and many very good contractors that you have decided are not quality contractors disagree with you.

But you go on believing what you want if it makes you happy. I just hope you don't have customers with Goodman equipment because you are just the type to screw them over because of your innability to be able to look at a piece of equipment without precondemning it.

Doc, how I feel has always been the same. I detest ignorant people who dampen our industry with bullcrap like davenet has posted.

It's not just you davenet, it's just that every time I think we as professionals are past this kind of crap, another no profiler learns how to type on the Internet and regurgitates the same old stupid comments.

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 09-26-2005 at 12:04 AM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast