Post Likes

Confused trane LCI card to I-Vu open link

hello everybody

i have a big problem i installed seven trane LCI Modules to communicate with my I-Vu using a SLTA-10 adapter and I-Vu open link i got everything wired but now im trying to find out what is a SNAP Program in the instructions it says i need to use that program.

What? Who? Where?
    Post Likes
    From my limited knowledge SNAP is the equivalent of Eikon from ALC. Eikon is a software application used to create custom and Equipment Builder programs for ALC manufactured controllers (ALC, Libert, OEM, i-Vu?). Hopefully Dracula pops up as he knows the Carrier system quite well.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora

Southern California
    Post Likes

Snap 5.1 integration sample

Attached is a sample "Snap" integration program with Carrier Ivu Snap.

Contact your local Carrier Ivu distribution representative to sign
    up for a class, and get the software.

Cost for training and software is not too bad compared to others, and
    it is easy as heck to program. The have a system that you can answer
    some configuration questions, and it will automatically create programs and graphics, or you can do complete custom programs and graphics if
    you so desire.

Name:  IntegrationSnap5-1.png
Views: 226
Size:  41.9 KB
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)